Text File Importer Improvements
The latest release of the Text File Importer is release 5.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always
appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- February 10, 2012 - Many menu improvements
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- December 7, 2009 - Minor menu improvements
- August 2, 2008 - Modified to have an enhanced file splitting
routine. 2003 is restricted to approximately one million lines
and then Excel runs out of memory.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- Sept 22, 2007 - Modified to have an option to split large
text (ascii or csv) files into multiple smaller files. And, added
an option to import multiple text files at one time. This allows
one to import text files of over 5,000,000 lines into Excel.
- July 31, 2007 - Improved the dialogs to better explain
certain features. Added a status message showing the data row
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified so that there are no size restrictions on importing of multiple text files at one time
- Added additional options to the import multiple text files at one time feature.
22, 2006 - Added an option to write imported data to cells with a
leading quote to insure that number like entries (400,500,600) do not
get converted to a single number by Excel.
- Added a character by character import option (versus line by line).
- Modified to handle text file with no line returns but with soft returns.
- Modified to fix a problem for some uses with parsing data