Text File Importer Improvements
The latest release of the Text File Importer is release 5.2. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Fixed a Windows 10 bug that caused dialog to appear incorrectly and difficult to read or use.
- Product review and improvements
- Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always
appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more
- Minor installation improvements
- Minor menu improvements
- Modified to have an enhanced file splitting
routine. 2003 is restricted to approximately one million lines
and then Excel runs out of memory.
- Modified to have an option to split large
text (ascii or csv) files into multiple smaller files. And, added
an option to import multiple text files at one time. This allows
one to import text files of over 5,000,000 lines into Excel.
- Improved the dialogs to better explain
- Added a status message showing the data row
- Modified so that there are no size restrictions on importing of multiple text files at one time
- Added additional options to the import multiple text files at one time feature.
- Added an option to write imported data to cells with a
leading quote to insure that number like entries (400,500,600) do not
get converted to a single number by Excel.
- Added a character by character import option (versus line by line).
- Modified to handle text file with no line returns but with soft returns.
- Modified to fix a problem for some uses with parsing data