Text File Importer Improvements
The latest release of the Text File Importer is release 5.0. It is Excel 2007-2016 compatible.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- February 10, 2012 - Many menu improvements
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- December 7, 2009 - Minor menu improvements
- August 2, 2008 - Modified to have an enhanced file splitting routine. 2003 is restricted to approximately one million lines and then Excel runs out of memory.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- Sept 22, 2007 - Modified to have an option to split large text (ascii or csv) files into multiple smaller files. And, added an option to import multiple text files at one time. This allows one to import text files of over 5,000,000 lines into Excel.
- July 31, 2007 - Improved the dialogs to better explain certain features. Added a status message showing the data row being processed.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified so that there are no size restrictions on importing of multiple text files at one time
- Added additional options to the import multiple text files at one time feature.
- Sept 22, 2006 - Added an option to write imported data to cells with a leading quote to insure that number like entries (400,500,600) do not get converted to a single number by Excel.
- Added a character by character import option (versus line by line).
- Modified to handle text file with no line returns but with soft returns.
- Modified to fix a problem for some uses with parsing data