Password Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Password Assistant is 5.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Oct 25, 2018 - Reviewed code, made efficiency improvements
- Mar 5, 2018 - Modified to remember passwords and settings used during the current Excel session
- Jan 5, 2017 - Minor dialog improvements
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always
appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- June 17, 2011 - Minor menu improvements
- Oct 19, 2010
- Added additional options on password protecting multiple files at one time.
- Fixed a destination folder problem with protecting and saving at one time
- Added options to open multiple password protected workbooks at one time
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- July 6, 2009 - Fixed a problem with the option to not allow selection not always being set if the options were unchecked.
- June 3, 2009 - Modified to fix a problem with passwords not being added for some users.
Made selecting a batch of worksheets an option.
- Apr 16, 2009 - Modified to give additional protection options for Excel 2003 and above users
- Sept 26, 2008 - Fixed a problem with selecting multiple sheets
in multiple workbooks caused by a recent Microsoft Excel minor upgrade.
- June 2, 2008 - Modified to un-protect password protected chart sheets
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Added a feature to unprotected shared workbooks