Data Extraction Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Data Extraction Assistant is 5.2. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible
- March 11, 2019 - Added export of worksheets as DIF and CSV files
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Jan 18, 2017 - Modified to prevent cursor from changing to a normal
cursor from the waiting cursor while work is still being done.
- Jan 9, 2017 - Improved the speed of the data extraction and fixed a
problem with formatted, indented text when doing a fast extraction to
- March 1, 2016 - Fixed a problem with extracting data to multiple sheets if the extraction entries were only numbers
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- July 27, 2014 - Fixed the dialog that asks for row titles to allow the option "no row titles" to work.
24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- May 6, 2014 - Minor change to handle special characters
- Jan 30, 2014 - Very minor ease of use change.
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
30, 2013 - Added a one click quick data extraction feature that
extracts all matching rows to a new worksheet for the cells that were
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Sept 4, 2012 - Modified so that empty cells in the sort column are also extracted.
- Aug 7, 2012 - Fixed a problem specifying a title row when using the super fast extractor for the very first time.
22, 2012 - Added a super fast data extractor. We did 750,000 rows
to multiple sheets in 15 seconds. On a two year old computer.
- May 3, 2011 - Minor error trapping improvements
- Dec 11, 2010
so that sparkline mini-charts are saved when individual worksheets
saved as workbooks. Sparklines are an Excel 2010 feature.
- Added a check to see if one of the worksheets is the same name as the workbook when individual workbooks are being created.
- Added a check to prevent selection of the Desktop as the destination for multiple workbooks from worksheets
- Nov 2, 2010
- Added an option to save output files as 97-2003 workbooks, 2007-2010 workbook, or PDF files (2007 & higher)
- Minor menu improvements - selected options are bolded
- Oct 14, 2010
- Modified so that print settings are copied to new sheets when they are created
- Modified so that workbooks created from individual sheets retain print settings
- If the output is to a new workbook, it is created far faster, greatly speeding up the entire process
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Feb 2, 2010 - Modified to allow total rows to be added to extracted data even if a selected set of columns are extracted.
- Jan 28, 2010 - Added an option to copy extracted rows,
retaining formulas versus doing a paste special values and format
- Jan 17, 2010 - Added a feature to specify a formula row that
is at the bottom of the data being extracted that is copied to all
extracted sheets. Such a row can contain sum or other such
- July 7, 2009 - Minor dialog and message box changes.
- Mar 11, 2009 - Added additional extraction options. A
user can not specify a text box entry for extraction matching.
And a contains matching text feature to trigger extraction was added.
- Jan 14, 2008 - Minor message change on one of the dialogs.
- Jan 7, 2009 - Fixed a problem with a message not displaying if worksheets are protected.
- Dec 12, 2008 - Improved the dialogs and greatly increased the
speed of extraction when extraction against a list to a new worksheet.
Added a feature that extracts rows if a match is not found in a list.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- January 28, 2008
- Provided copy options when creating individual workbooks from worksheets.
- Fixed a problem with data extraction to a single sheet when column A is empty.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- April 6, 2007 - Added a check of destination sheet names to
see if any are error values such as #N/A and if so advise the user to
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Fixed a problem that prevented individual sheets from being exported to new workbooks.
- Added a feature to allow one to extract to just one sheet all matching entries
- Modified to allow one to extract just certain columns versus all columns
- Added features that greatly improved the speed of the data extraction