CSV File Creator Improvements
The latest release of the CSV File Creator is release 5.1. It is Excel 2007-2019, Office 365 compatible
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Feb 9, 2017
- Fixed a problem with the worksheet export option not working
- Added new options to the worksheet export option
- Feb 1, 2017
- Added status messages indicating which worksheets are being checked
- Modified the worksheet selection dialog to add an un-select all option and to enable additional selection methods
- Modified the last dialog to show how many worksheets selected for output
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Mar 9, 2015 - Fixed a problem if the previously used folder is no longer accessible
- Jan 9, 2015 - Modified so that multiple output sheets are not selected until the user clicks OK on the final dialog
24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
12, 2012 - Fixed a problem when Windows would not display a file
destination dialog. Such a dialog is part of Windows, but
sometimes it fails to work.
- Dec 14, 2011 - Modified to change how hidden rows and columns are removed
- Dec 16, 2010
- Minor menu modifications - selection is automatically bolded
- Modified to handle dates using the1904 date system
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- April 4, 2010 - Minor menu and code changes
- August 28, 2009 - Added an option to enclose both text and
dates in double quotes. An an option to use either a comma or a
semi-colon as the data separator. Improved the descriptions on
- July 21, 2009 - Modified the dialog option write-ups to
provide additional detail on some options. Modified the special options
to enclose entries in double quotes to enclose dates formatted with
comma in double quotes and non-comma containing dates to be optionally
not enclosed in commas. The default is to not enclose in double
- June 30, 2009 - Modified the messages one receives if one is
trying to create a CSV file and has the file the user is using as a
source is a CSV file and the user specifies a name the same as the
- May 6, 2009 - Modified the default setting to automatically
remove formats so that cells formatted with commas are not treated as
text. Better explained the first range option to be all used
cells. Changed the code to handle possible conflicts between
hidden columns and exporting a range with leading hidden columns in
front of the range.
- Mar 3, 2009 - Modified the creation of CSV files requiring all entries in quotes to better handle date entries.
- Jan 24, 2009 - Added an CSV output option to enclose just text
entries in double quotes. Also improved the dialogs and the flow
of the dialogs.
- Dec 12, 2008 - Improved the menus and dialogs. Also fixed a problem when exporting a range within a worksheet.
- Oct 18, 2008 - Added the ability to select separate ranges on
a worksheet and export just those ranges to a CSV file. For example
A1:A20 and K1:K20
- May 22, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- Mar 17, 2008 - Modified to handle Excel reporting the
incorrect used range on a worksheet. Excel will sometimes report
far more rows with content than actually has content.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- April 3, 2007 - Minor change to the installation exe
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified so that the user has the option
of having all fields enclosed in double quotes. CSV files created by
Excel do not do enclose fields in double quotes.
- Modified so user has the option to load as an add-in
- Modified to create CSV files from protected worksheets and to provide an option to delete all blank rows
- Streamlined the dialogs
eliminating ones that were not needed based on prior choices
- Added a feature to change the delimiter in CSV files