Cascade Chart Creator Improvements
The latest release of the Cascade Chart Creator is 5.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always
appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements only.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Feb 17, 2011 - Modified to allow users to specify colors for the blocks by color coding the legend.
- Dec 9, 2010
- Modified to fix a problem with extremely large X values when creating colored cascade charts
- Oct 18, 2010
- Added an option to show the X axis. Charts normally do not need as columns are individually labeled to show X values.
- Minor improvements
- June 22, 2010
- Fixed so that cascade charts with one row of data and multiple columns have different colors for each column.
- Inverted the order of the legend on charts with just a single row or single column of data.
- Simplified one dialog
- June 1, 2010
- Release 3.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Color cascade capability added
- Renamed from "Waterfall" to "Cascade" to reflect internet naming convention
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in
using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another
level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users
to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and
still run our add-ins.
- April 2, 2007 - Fixed a problem where the help file would not display as it had been renamed
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Added dynamic If test on labels so that
labels are displayed or hidden based on changes to the X value after
the cascade chart has been created.
- Modified labels so that sorting the source data results in correctly labeled data
- Added blank labels if the label cell is empty
blank labels to the chart if the user creates the chart without
labels. This allows the user to come back and selectively add
- Improved default positioning for labels on data points with negative Y values.
- Mar 10 2005 - Modified to fix a problem with multiple line cascade charts and labels added to just some of the values
- Feb 16 2005 - Modified to make data labels dynamic