The Spreadsheet Assistant Top Ten Features
1) Selecting or filling ranges without the screen moving!Just highlight the initial cells in the range right click on the range and pick the select or fill feature that you want to run! The screen does not move when you select or fill a range! Eliminate the wild screen scrolling you used to do (unless you enjoy it).
2) Perform any math action on a range of cells! Highlight a range of cells select the Any Math Action feature and enter the action (/ 100 * 1000 ...) you want to take. Bingo! The cells are changed instantly. Now think about how long the same change would have taken you to do manually.
3) Insert Sticky Notes anywhere in your worksheets for quick reminders. Simply select Insert Sticky Note from the menus. You have a choice of colors and features. Even better the sticky notes do not print unless you want them to. If sticky notes are useful for your paper work you can imagine how useful they are in your complex spreadsheets.
4) Adding any feature you want to the Quick Access Toolbar! Just right click on any button on the Assistants tab and selecting add to quick access toolbar.
5) The Favorite Directories feature and Bookmark feature which lets you quickly access your favorite directories. We know that is two features but they are companion features! These features are especially useful if you have files in different directories such as on your PC and on a network.
6) The Hide and Un-Hide Sheets feature surprised us and we wrote it! Now when you are working on two widely separated sheets in a workbook just hide the sheets between the ones you are working on. This makes it easy to move from one sheet to the other with just a single mouse click. You will not believe how much un-needed sheet scrolling this one feature eliminates! And clicking on those small tiny sheet scrolling buttons is a pain. We liked it so much we also put it on the workbook tab pop-up menu. And we make it easy to un-hide many sheets at one time!
7) The Save or Close Multiple Files features. Instead of having to go to each individual file and save or close it just run one of these features instead.
8) The special pivot table features found under the Data Menu. Our favorites are the extend the pivot table data range feature, the refresh all pivot tables feature, the format pivot table fields feature, and ... well you get the picture. Check them out!
9) The set print area and titles features. These features are the easiest way to set the print area and titles that you can find. A runner-up on our top ten list is the "Display bottom of Print Area" feature.
10) The rename or delete the active file features. The first feature allows you to rename a file after you have opened it. You can even use this feature to move the file to another directory. The delete the active file feature allows you to delete a file after you open it. Now you do not have to close the file go to File Manager or Windows Explorer find the file make certain it is the right file and then finally delete it.
Honorable mention goes to the Conditional Select features. For example these features allow you to select just number cells (a great way to find out which cells are the input cells) select just formula cells or select just the cells containing #REF values (you've probably been there before). There is even a special select cells feature that selects cells based on an IF test.
Some other features that almost made the top ten list
Did we mention the Spreadsheet Assistant allows you to easily assign any feature to a button for even faster and easier use? And to help you save time finding just the right feature we put a "find a feature" feature at the top of the Spreadsheet Assistant's feature list. That is a lot of features but that's what the Spreadsheet Assistant gives you.