Word Shifter Improvements
The latest release of the Word Shifter is release 4.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Feb 27, 2015 - Fixed a problem with the main dialog not appearing on some PCs
9, 2015 - Added a checkbox option to force split text to remain as
text. If the split text is "1-5" or similar, Excel converts to a
date unless this feature is turned on.
- June 24, 2014 -
Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the center of
the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
2, 2013 - Added a check of the data on a worksheet to see if has been
converted to an Excel data list, and if so, advise the user to convert
back to a normal Excel range before using the add-in. A bug in
Excel requires this. As few users use Excel data lists, few are
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- March 24, 2012
option to use hot keys to shift words. This eliminates having to
go to the add-ins tab in Excel 2007 and 2010 to click on a button
- Added additional options to split and join text
- Made the options dialog modeless (allows you to select cells) and added buttons to shift words directly from it
- Oct 25, 2010 - Word Shifter now looks for the html space character in addition to looking for regular spaces.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 2.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Fixed a problem with blank cells in the destination column.
Modified so that hidden rows are skipped. Added a feature where
text is now shifted to the first visible column.
- Oct 2, 2008 - First Release