Word Shifter Improvements
The latest release of the Word Shifter is release 4.2. It is Excel 2007-2021 and Office 365 compatible.
- Fixed a Windows 10 bug that caused dialog to appear incorrectly and difficult to read or use.
- Product review and improvements
- Fixed a problem with the main dialog not appearing on some PCs
- Added a checkbox option to force split text to remain as
text. If the split text is "1-5" or similar, Excel converts to a
date unless this feature is turned on.
- Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the center of
the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Added a check of the data on a worksheet to see if has been
converted to an Excel data list, and if so, advise the user to convert
back to a normal Excel range before using the add-in. A bug in
Excel requires this. As few users use Excel data lists, few are
- Minor installation improvements
option to use hot keys to shift words. This eliminates having to
go to the add-ins tab in Excel 2007 and 2010 to click on a button
- Added additional options to split and join text
- Made the options dialog modeless (allows you to select cells) and added buttons to shift words directly from it
- Word Shifter now looks for the html space character in addition to looking for regular spaces.
- Fixed a problem with blank cells in the destination column.
- Modified so that hidden rows are skipped.
- Added a feature where
text is now shifted to the first visible column.