Word Shifter Improvements
The latest release of the Word Shifter is release 4.0. It is Excel 2007-2016 compatible.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Feb 27, 2015 - Fixed a problem with the main dialog not appearing on some PCs
- Jan 9, 2015 - Added a checkbox option to force split text to remain as text. If the split text is "1-5" or similar, Excel converts to a date unless this feature is turned on.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Sept 2, 2013 - Added a check of the data on a worksheet to see if has been converted to an Excel data list, and if so, advise the user to convert back to a normal Excel range before using the add-in. A bug in Excel requires this. As few users use Excel data lists, few are impacted.
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- March 24, 2012
- Added option to use hot keys to shift words. This eliminates having to go to the add-ins tab in Excel 2007 and 2010 to click on a button
- Added additional options to split and join text
- Made the options dialog modeless (allows you to select cells) and added buttons to shift words directly from it
- Oct 25, 2010 - Word Shifter now looks for the html space character in addition to looking for regular spaces.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 2.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Fixed a problem with blank cells in the destination column. Modified so that hidden rows are skipped. Added a feature where text is now shifted to the first visible column.
- Oct 2, 2008 - First Release