Risk Analyzer Improvements
The latest release of the Risk Analyzer is release 14.04. It is Excel 2007-2016 compatible.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Jan 17, 2018
- Modified to handle a Microsoft error when range
names referring to entire rows or columns are present in a workbook.
- Fixed fishbone/tornado charts to display connecting lines in Excel 16/Office 365 after a Microsoft change to Excel
- Nov 16, 2016 - Fixed a problem where some dialogs would not center if one had multiple monitors.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Aug 10, 2015 - Added an option to the probability report
graphs to exclude the study values from the graphs. Also added Y axis
titles to the graph and an explanation of the two different titles
23, 2015 - Expanded the size of the charts on the probability
distribution report to be full page wide. This leaves room for
explanations below the chart and makes each their own page if printed.
- June 27, 2014 - Further improved the discrete function error message if user does not fill in the dialog correctly.
24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- June 2, 2014 - Improved the discrete function error message if user does not fill in the dialog correctly.
- Apr 6, 2014 - Fixed a problem with extremely large number of simulations causing an overflow error.
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- July 1, 2013 - Modified the number of simulations dialog to fix a problem in the OK button not being active in some situations
18, 2013 - Fixed an issue when a risk premises workbook created in one
local currency is updated by a user with a different local currency
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Nov 11, 2010 - Minor menu changes
26, 2010 - Modified so that distribution parameters are not updated if
one runs reports; parameters are only updated if one uses the menu
system to specify a distribution. This allows one to set up
tables to specify distributions for different cases.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 11.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Apr 28, 2010 - Modified so that 10/90 and expected values updated
if user modifies probability premises manually and does not review the
results via the menus before running the probability or sensitivity
- Feb 24, 2010 - Modified so that input range names that have
not had distributions assigned are not required to have distributions
before running reports or simulations
- Nov 12, 2009 - Modified the messages on selecting title cells for multi-cell output cells to be more informative
- Oct 21, 2009 - Modified the option to specify a random number
seed to use only positive numbers and modified how randomization was
set to fix a problem with random values not being repeated when a seed
value was re-used.
- Sept 5, 2009
- Additional data checks were added to identify incorrect user edits of the risk analysis premises.
- Fixed a problem with a distribution not being recognized as correct by the data validation routines
- August 26, 2009
- Modified charts used by dialogs to improve chart fit on the dialogs.
- Added an option to specify "no limit" to minimum and maximum values on several distributions.
Added an option to specify the parameters of the normal distribution
when the distribution is first created versus doing so by modifying the
initial suggested values.
- Added a uniform integer distribution that returns just integer values.
- Added an option to control the random number seed value.
- May 17, 2009 - Added the Pert distribution to the set of
available distributions. Pert distributions are excellent if one
only really knows the minimum and maximum values and skewness of a
- Apr 28, 2009 - Improved messages and actions that Risk
Analyzer takes when differences are encountered when one changes an
input or output variable's original value or converts an input cell to
a formula cell.
- Feb 5, 2009 - Modified the navigation to
worksheet feature to have filters for the different types of worksheets
created by the Risk Analyzer.
- Dec 11, 2008 - Made a major modification which increases the
simulation speed in Excel 2007 to extremely fast. Excel 2003
speed was already extremely fast.
- May 22, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- May 16, 2008 - Fixed a problem that prevented one from setting one's model to a specific case.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- May 15, 2007 - Minor menu changes to better explain features
- March 23, 2007 - Fixed problems where code for Excel 2007 charts did not work in Excel 2003
- March 21, 2007 - Version 10 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Menu modifications to improve ease of use.
- Added new reports to summarize results
- Added an option to set the order of the probability lines in funnel charts
- Automatically re-order report worksheets when one is updated
- Fixed a problem in some studies with results reports being truncated
- Modified so that an error does not occur if a printer is not setup on a PC
- Modified sensitivity charts (fishbone charts) to allow selective display of input variables
- Fixed problems with French and German versions of Excel