Random Sampler Improvements
The latest release of the Random Sampler is release 7.0. It is Excel 2007-2016 compatible.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- June 12, 2012 - Added the option to specify the initialization seed for the random sampling. This allows an independent auditor a way to duplicate the sample.
- Apr 1, 2012 - Minor changes for evaluation version release
- Mar 25, 2011 - fixed a problem with entering text values for contains tests
- Oct 28, 2010
- Added ease of select feature. The user now only has to select top row and the Random Sampler will suggest all rows to the bottom of the data as the data range.
- Improved menus
- Sept 29, 2010 - Modified to advise users to use the options for large databases when they have more than 3000 rows to sample.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 5.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- January 14, 2010 - Modified to handle massive worksheets containing millions of rows
- July 2, 2009 - Fixed a problem that prevented a text test from being used. Added the option to test for text not equal to a value. Made selection of multiple sheets easier. Modified to remember prior include/exclude settings.
- Mar 13, 2009 - Fixed a problem that prevented samples from being taken if only the option to insert a marking entry was selected.
- Jan 15, 2009 - Added an option to create image files of the random samples for documentation. The image files are created with a watermark to identify them as random sample images.
Nov 26, 2008 - Corrected the address being entered into a dialog for an initial range selection as it had an extra space and was thus not a valid address, requiring the user to reselect the range.
- Nov 23, 2008 - Released version 4 which added the capability to sample from multiple worksheets and from just a range of cells to obtain individual sample cells. Greatly speeded up the product and added in a count of the data rows prior to specifying a sample so one knows how many samples to specify to get a needed percentage.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- Aug 7, 2007 - Fixed a problem with sampling Excel 2007 worksheets with more than 65,000 rows of data
- July 9, 2007 - Modified the dialogs to make the Random Sampler easier to use
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 3 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Added an "include If" selection option to filter the data range before
sampling. Eleven different tests are available.
- Modified the color selected samples to have multiple colors
- Modified so that colored rows can be excluded from the sample
- Modified the sample indicator text to be user controlled.
- Added an include range and an exclude range selection option. If entries are
in the include range
then the row will be part of the data to be sample.
If an entry in the exclude range
the row will be