Random Sampler Improvements
The latest release of the Random Sampler is release 7.2. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Fixed a Windows 10 bug that caused dialog to appear incorrectly and difficult to read or use.
- Code review, improvements made
- Product review and improvements
- Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always
appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more
- Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Minor installation improvements
- Added the option to specify the initialization seed for the
random sampling. This allows an independent auditor a way to
duplicate the sample.
- Minor changes for evaluation version release
- Fixed a problem with entering text values for contains tests
ease of select feature. The user now only has to select top row
and the Random Sampler will suggest all rows to the bottom of the data
as the data range.
- Improved menus
- Modified to advise users to use the options for large databases when they have more than 3000 rows to sample.
- Modified to handle massive worksheets containing millions of row
- Added the option to test for text not equal to a
value. Made selection of multiple sheets easier. Modified
to remember prior include/exclude settings.
- Fixed a problem that prevented samples from
being taken if only the option to insert a marking entry was selected.
- Added an option to create image files of the
random samples for documentation. The image files are created
with a watermark to identify them as random sample images.
- Corrected the address being entered into a
dialog for an initial range selection as it had an extra space and was
thus not a valid address, requiring the user to reselect the range.
- Added the capability
to sample from multiple worksheets and from just a range of cells to
obtain individual sample cells. Greatly speeded up the product
and added in a count of the data rows prior to specifying a sample so
one knows how many samples to specify to get a needed percentage