Random Sampler Improvements
The latest release of the Random Sampler is release 7.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always
appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
12, 2012 - Added the option to specify the initialization seed for the
random sampling. This allows an independent auditor a way to
duplicate the sample.
- Apr 1, 2012 - Minor changes for evaluation version release
- Mar 25, 2011 - fixed a problem with entering text values for contains tests
- Oct 28, 2010
ease of select feature. The user now only has to select top row
and the Random Sampler will suggest all rows to the bottom of the data
as the data range.
- Improved menus
- Sept 29, 2010 - Modified to advise users to use the options for large databases when they have more than 3000 rows to sample.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 5.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- January 14, 2010 - Modified to handle massive worksheets containing millions of rows
- July 2, 2009 - Fixed a problem that prevented a text test from
being used. Added the option to test for text not equal to a
value. Made selection of multiple sheets easier. Modified
to remember prior include/exclude settings.
- Mar 13, 2009 - Fixed a problem that prevented samples from
being taken if only the option to insert a marking entry was selected.
- Jan 15, 2009 - Added an option to create image files of the
random samples for documentation. The image files are created
with a watermark to identify them as random sample images.
- Nov 26, 2008 - Corrected the address being entered into a
dialog for an initial range selection as it had an extra space and was
thus not a valid address, requiring the user to reselect the range.
- Nov 23, 2008 - Released version 4 which added the capability
to sample from multiple worksheets and from just a range of cells to
obtain individual sample cells. Greatly speeded up the product
and added in a count of the data rows prior to specifying a sample so
one knows how many samples to specify to get a needed percentage.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor
code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack
(SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- Aug 7, 2007 - Fixed a problem with sampling Excel 2007 worksheets with more than 65,000 rows of data
- July 9, 2007 - Modified the dialogs to make the Random Sampler easier to use
3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a
software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of
security and confidence in our products. It allows users to
maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still
run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 3 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Added an "include If" selection option to filter the data range before
sampling. Eleven different tests are available.
- Modified the color selected samples to have multiple colors
- Modified so that colored rows can be excluded from the sample
- Modified the sample indicator text to be user controlled.
- Added an include range and an exclude range selection option. If entries are
in the include range
then the row will be part of the data to be sample.
If an entry in the exclude range
the row will be