Random Number Generator Improvements
The latest release of the Random Number Generator is release 6.0. It is Excel 2007-2016 compatible.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- March 5, 2012 - Modified to allow the user to specify an exclusion range that overlaps the destination range for unique random numbers to be generated in a range of cells.
- April 10, 2011 - Release 4.0 - Many new features added and menus improved. Increased speed.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Apr 6, 2010 - Minor code change to fix an error that sometimes occurs when small random number ranges are used.
- Dec 7, 2009 - Modified to make the initial setting for unique numbers to be on.
- June 2, 2009 - Modified to allow random numbers up to 15 digits (999999999999999) to be generated
- Jan 26, 2009 - Modified range selection dialogs to eliminate possible false cancels caused by problems in either the installation of Office or in a worksheet. Modified the algorithm on insuring random numbers are unique across multiple columns to avoid duplicate numbers in certain circumstances.
- Sept 12, 2008 - Modified to add a option to generate N random numbers.
- July 15, 2008 - Fixed a problem where non-unique random numbers could be generated when after unique numbers
- July 10, 2008 - Fixed a problem with the help and exercise file.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- July 15, 2007 - Improved the dialogs
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified so that user can specify a number of ranges of cells for random numbers versus a single range. If this new option is used, the number of random numbers does not have to be specified.
- Modified so that all numbers can be unique if the user wishes to create multiple columns of random numbers.
- Modified so that a list of numbers can be excluded from the random numbers that are generated.