Name Splitter Improvements
The latest release of the Name Splitter is release 5.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Mar 3, 2015 - Added an option to change First Name Last Name entries to Last Name, First Name
- Feb 26, 2015 - Improved how suffixes are extracted if the name is "first name last name, suffix"
- Nov 25, 2014 - Modified to give the option to combine names using any characters
24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- June 2, 2014 - Added an option to combine split names back together
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- May 18, 2013 - Minor code and menu improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Oct 11, 2011
- Improved name splitting
- Added option to add titles above split names
- Added auto select of names to be split
- Improved dialogs to better indicate selection
- June 13, 2011 - Minor modification to put all the data in the 1st column if the character to split on is not found.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Dec 16, 2009 - Removed an un-needed reference to a Microsoft file that could cause the add-in not to run for some users.
- Dec 8, 2009 - Modified to add a new feature that converts "Last Name, First name" to "First name Last Name"
- July 10, 2009 - Modified the feature to split names to split on any character or phase.
- June 24, 2009 - Added a status message indicating the row being processed.
- June 18, 2009 - Added a check for HTML or hard spaces in the
data prior to splitting names. And added an option to remove such
spaces, which prevent the Name Splitter from splitting the names.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- June 24, 2007 - Added a feature to split names separated by 'and' or '&'
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified to split names from addresses if names and addresses are in the same cell.
- Greatly expanded the list of courtesy titles and suffixes