Name Splitter Improvements
The latest release of the Name Splitter is release 5.2. It is Excel 2007-2021 and Office 365 compatible.
- Fixed a Windows 10 bug that caused dialog to appear incorrectly and difficult to read or use.
- Product review and improvements
- Added an option to change First Name Last Name entries to Last Name, First Name
- Improved how suffixes are extracted if the name is "first name last name, suffix"
- Modified to give the option to combine names using any characters
- Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Added an option to combine split names back together
- Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Minor code and menu improvements
- Improved name splitting
- Added option to add titles above split names
- Added auto select of names to be split
- Improved dialogs to better indicate selection
- Minor modification to put all the data in the 1st column if the character to split on is not found.
- JRemoved an un-needed reference to a Microsoft file that could cause the add-in not to run for some users.
- Modified to add a new feature that converts "Last Name, First name" to "First name Last Name"
- Modified the feature to split names to split on any character or phase.
- Added a status message indicating the row being processed.
- Added a check for HTML or hard spaces in the
data prior to splitting names. And added an option to remove such
spaces, which prevent the Name Splitter from splitting the names.