Lookup Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Lookup Assistant is 6.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always
appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more
- Feb 25, 2014 - Modified to copy formats of matching cells
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
9, 2014 - Modified the fast lookup approach and fixed a problem on the
fast lookup where in some cases it could not be used due to data and ID
- Dec 31, 2013
- Added a fast lookup option to make lookups faster
the formulas added to do lookups to return a blank instead of a zero if
a looked up cell is empty. A zero is Excel's default, but not
what one really wants.
- Added a completion message on one option that did not have such.
- Oct 7, 2013 - Fixed for a problem with $ signs in sheet names. Improved screen updating while running.
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Aug 27, 2012 - Added an option to color and mark the rows in the source data that are loaded to the target rows.
- Oct 20, 2010
- Added easy cell selection features
- Added additional options
- Minor dialog improvements to bold selections for ease of use.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 4.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- March 5, 2010 - Released version 3. Version 3 has more features and is easier to use. See the product information page for details on the new features.
- Oct 17, 2008 - Modified to handle workbooks and worksheets with a single quote in their names.
- Oct 7, 2008 - Modified so that the first two options of the
Lookup Assistant trim blanks on both the lookup values and target
values so that extra spaces do not prevent a match from being
found. Also fixed for an undocumented Excel problem with *, ~,
and ? characters in the lookup values when doing the matching via these
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified the option to color unmatched rows to include the destination data columns
- Improved the menus and made it easier to select identifiers to match to if they are located in another workbook