Histogram Creator Improvements
The latest release of the Histogram Creator is release 7.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Dec 7, 2014 - Fixed a problem with dialogs not appearing in some cases
- Aug 26, 2014 - Fixed a problem creating graphs with a normal distribution (default setup) in non US English versions of Excel.
24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- June 20, 2014
- Reduced the minimum number of bins allowed to 2 from 5
- Fixed an issue with the decimal point setting in one of the dialogs not being used when charts created
- Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not appearing on the center of the screen if the user has two or more monitors.
- Feb 12, 2014
- Improved the menu system
- Fixed decimal point formatting for a change Microsoft did that affects default X axis decimals
- Improved the dialogs
- Fixed a problem on the normal distribution curve for small values.
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
5, 2013 - Fix a problem that occurred in 2003 when creating a chart
that occurred for some users. 2007-2013 users did not encounter
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Apr 10, 2011 - Release 5.0
- Added option to display a normal curve on your histogram chart
- Added option to do line histogram and smooth histograms.
- Improved ease of use
- June 1, 2010 - Release 4.0 - Excel 2010 compatible version
- Feb 18, 2010 - Modified to improve wording on the min and max bin
dialog. Fixed calculations on the average when just values
greater than the maximum are excluded. Changed the calculation
for the last and first bins to include the min and max values in the
- Sept 6, 2009 - Added standard deviation calculation. Improved handling of cells formatted as currency.
- Dec 3, 2008 - Added a check to see if new worksheets are viewed from right to left and if so, modify.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 3 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Fixed a problem with missing titles if values less than the minimum value are excluded from the chart
- Modified the output reports to put the values for the bin
ranges into separate cells versus as part of a label. This change
makes it easier to copy the values to other worksheets. This also
makes it easier to copy the results to a custom distribution sheet in
the Risk Analyzer.
- Modified so that if one is creating many histograms at one time
one has the option to have each sheet named based on the titles for the data columns.
- Added an option to create area histograms versus column
- Modified so that the Histogram could also be installed as an add-in
so that it opens automatically when Excel opens