Histogram Creator Improvements
The latest release of the Histogram Creator is release 7.0. It is Excel 2007-2016 compatible.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Dec 7, 2014 - Fixed a problem with dialogs not appearing in some cases
- Aug 26, 2014 - Fixed a problem creating graphs with a normal distribution (default setup) in non US English versions of Excel.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- June 20, 2014
- Reduced the minimum number of bins allowed to 2 from 5
- Fixed an issue with the decimal point setting in one of the dialogs not being used when charts created
- Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not appearing on the center of the screen if the user has two or more monitors.
- Feb 12, 2014
- Improved the menu system
- Fixed decimal point formatting for a change Microsoft did that affects default X axis decimals
- Improved the dialogs
- Fixed a problem on the normal distribution curve for small values.
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Jun 5, 2013 - Fix a problem that occurred in 2003 when creating a chart that occurred for some users. 2007-2013 users did not encounter the problem.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Apr 10, 2011 - Release 5.0
- Added option to display a normal curve on your histogram chart
- Added option to do line histogram and smooth histograms.
- Improved ease of use
- June 1, 2010 - Release 4.0 - Excel 2010 compatible version
- Feb 18, 2010 - Modified to improve wording on the min and max bin dialog. Fixed calculations on the average when just values greater than the maximum are excluded. Changed the calculation for the last and first bins to include the min and max values in the bin count.
- Sept 6, 2009 - Added standard deviation calculation. Improved handling of cells formatted as currency.
- Dec 3, 2008 - Added a check to see if new worksheets are viewed from right to left and if so, modify.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 3 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Fixed a problem with missing titles if values less than the minimum value are excluded from the chart
- Modified the output reports to put the values for the bin ranges into separate cells versus as part of a label. This change makes it easier to copy the values to other worksheets. This also makes it easier to copy the results to a custom distribution sheet in the Risk Analyzer.
- Modified so that if one is creating many histograms at one time
one has the option to have each sheet named based on the titles for the data columns.
- Added an option to create area histograms versus column
- Modified so that the Histogram could also be installed as an add-in
so that it opens automatically when Excel opens