File Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the File Assistant is release 5.04. It is Excel 2007-2016, Office 365 compatible.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- July 27, 2017 - Added a fix for bad file names. Such should be impossible, but they happen.
- Feb 1, 2017 - Excluded files with a path like http.... from being
listed. Excel cannot open such directly and they only appear in the
list if one's connection to OneDrive is not set correctly.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Modified dialogs to show controls at bottom after sorting.
- April 20, 2016 - Modified the main dialog so that one can adjust the height of the dialog to view more files.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- March 3, 2014 - Added an option to select and backup recently opened files.
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Aug 6, 2012 - Added double click capability for faster opening.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Sept 17, 2009
- Added a check for problems in the stored file list caused by user editing
- Excluded the personal.xlsb file from the list. This is a hidden file and one that is opened automatically by Excel 2007
- July 18, 2008
- Modified file selection
dialog to allow extended selection by just selecting the first item and
then selecting down to the last item.
- Fixed a problem with Excel 2007 file list resetting to 9 when a selected file is not found and then removed from the list.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Increased the number of recently opened files that are listed
- Added an exercise file to help users learn to use the File Assistant
with hands on training.
- Added a feature to exclude files that are opened to temporary
- Added filter capability so that only files matching the search criteria
are displayed. One can search on a single word or multiple words.