Duplicate Finder & Deleter Improvements
The latest release of the Duplicate Finder & Deleter is 6.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Nov 18, 2018 - product review and improvements.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not
always appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two
or more monitors.
- May 5, 2014 - Minor change to the find duplicates in a block of cells feature
- Mar 3, 2014 - Fixed a problem with comparing two lists and extremely few matches occurring
- Jan 16, 2014
- Speed improvement
- Minor menu improvement
13, 2014 - Modified so that when asked for the top row of the data
range, the user only has to type in the row number as a number (vs for
example, 2:2, or having to scroll and select the row)
2, 2013 - Added a check of the data on a worksheet to see if has been
converted to an Excel data list, and if so, advise the user to convert
back to a normal Excel range before using the add-in. A bug in
Excel requires this. As few users use Excel data lists, few are
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Sept 4, 2012 - Fixed a problem with the feature to copy first and unique occurrences to a new worksheet.
21, 2012 - Modified so that ascii character 160, which looks like a
space, is treated as a keyboard space, which is ascii character
32. Ascii character 160 is normally only used in HTML pages as a
non-breaking space to align text. It should not part of computer
generated data or downloaded data. One of our customers had data
that had ascii 160 in one list and regular spaces in another list,
resulting in no duplicates being found as the characters were
- Mar 26, 2012 - Minor title and wording changes
- May 26, 2011 - Modified to insure that user does not accidentally pick hidden columns when selecting comparison columns.
6, 2011 - Added in a top data row confirmation if the first data
row is below row 5. This was done to help insure that the user
correctly picks the first row of data and doesn't accidentally pick a
starting row below the top of the data.
- Dec 14, 2010 - Modified the option on find 1st occurrences and duplicates to mark both versus just duplicates.
- Nov 11, 2010 - Minor menu changes.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 4.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Feb 2, 2010 - Added an option to remove parentheses when
searching for duplicates. This is useful when checking phone
- Dec 17, 2009 - Significantly increased the speed when copying duplicates (or non-duplicates) when comparing two lists
- Nov 9, 2009
- Improved the compare two lists feature to have more options
- Modified to remove a mixture of trailing spaces and trailing non printing characters when doing comparisons
- June 17, 2009 - Removed a system reference that can cause problems on a few Excel installations.
14, 2009 - Added options to number duplicates, improved the ease of
use, and added a detailed list of search actions on the confirmation
- May 6, 2009 - Modified all copy, select, or find duplicate options on the first panel to have the same color and mark options.
11, 2009 - Modified so that last set of columns used to check for
duplicates can be re-selected with one click. Also modified the options
to make coloring of duplicates an option.
- Jan 26, 2009 - Added a second approach to unhidden rows and columns in case the conventional approach to unhide does not work.
17, 2009 - Modified the message on hidden rows and columns to be
clearer and to give the option to unhide hidden rows and columns versus
having to do so manually.
- Jan 14, 2009 - Modified to use
alternate input boxes so that users (a few) with some problems in their
worksheets are able to use. These users, because of problems in
their worksheets, were not able to use the default input boxes.
- Dec 22, 2008 - Improved the help file, minor menu improvements, and modified the search two lists
14, 2008 - Modified the feature to search a block of cells to have
options on coloring the first occurrence if duplicates are found.
Also, hidden cells are no longer checked.
- May 23, 2008 -
Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for
some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- March 13, 2008 - Efficiency improvements to increase duplicate finding speed.
- March 7, 2008 - Modified the compare two lists feature to work off of filtered lists
- March 1, 2008:
an option to retain duplicate indicators in a column if doing another
search and using the the same duplicate indictor column
the selection of the suggested data range to exclude blank rows at the
bottom that Excel thinks contain data but do not.
- July 31, 2007 - Fixed for a problem where Excel incorrectly reported the used range.
3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a
software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of
security and confidence in our products. It allows users to
maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still
run our add-ins.
- May 28, 2007 - Added a feature that
allows the user to specify the concatenation character when multiple
columns are searched.
- May 11, 2007 - Expanded the
feature that removed non-printing characters to remove all non-keyboard
characters before a check for duplicates is done
- March 23, 2007 - Refined a number of messages that appear at the end of finding duplicates to provide more information
- March 21, 2007 - Version 3 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified to insure that calculation is always set to automatic when done.
- Added a feature to search for duplicate cells by rows
- Modified the compare two lists feature that found entries in one list that are not in another
- Greatly increased the speed of finding duplicates in a large list when the data cannot be sorted
- Modified sorting to sort on concatenated entries after un-wanted characters are removed
- Provided an option to not sort the data rows if blanking entries when duplicates found
- Improved messages at the end of the process to remind users what they chose at the beginning
- Minor menu improvements
- Modified the color rows when values changes to make sorting optional.
- Modified so that one cannot accidentally select all rows when just one row should be selected.
Improved the color rows when entries change feature One can now select
the colors to use and the data range selection and comparison columns
selection are now just like the approach in other duplicate checking
- Improved the blank cells on duplicate rows
features so that the data range selection and comparison columns
selection are now just like the approach in other duplicate checking
- March 28, 2006 - Modified the compare two
lists feature to display additional options upon completion of using
the option to check for entries in one list that are not in another
- Added a feature to blank duplicate entries