Directory Lister Improvements
The latest release of the Directory Lister is 5.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Aug 27, 2018 - Added an option to exclude files beginning with ~ or
? as these are almost always temporary files and may cause errors in
listing files for some (but only some) users
- Jan 9, 2017 - Fixed for extremely long folder names
- Jan 3, 2017 - Modified to return the correct size of extremely large files.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Mar 24, 2015 - Added an option to select a folder either directly from one's documents or from the computer.
- Nov 11, 2014 - Improved column sizing and formatting on file listing worksheets
- Sept 15, 2014 - Fixed a problem with the 64 bit Excel version not running.
24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Nov 8, 2013 - Added an option to list just 1st level folders
- March 30, 2013
- Added to the quick listing output the primary folder of the files
- Added a check for illegal file names caused by files sent from users using a different language.
- March 7, 2013 - Release 4.0 - Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Aug 12, 2010 - Fixed the simple sort option to correctly sort on file size
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Mar 22, 2010 - Modified to display screen activity so users know
program has not stopped when doing massive file listings. Limited
hyperlinks in a worksheet to prevent Excel from getting upset if more
than 65,000 hyperlinks created.
- Nov 3, 2009 - Modified so that one can select the background color on folder rows
- Oct 29, 2009 - Modified so that one can have up to five
comments columns on a directory listing worksheet, and comments in
these columns are retained when the list is updated.
- Mar 3, 2009 - Modified to allow Excel 2003 to do a simple
list of files to multiple worksheets to handle more than 65,000 files
in a folder and its sub-folders.
- Jan 14, 2009 - Modified to allow listing of files without file types
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified so that dialogs retain previous user input during an Excel session
- Minor cosmetic changes
- Menu addition not removed if user cancels the closing of Excel