Directory Lister Improvements
The latest release of the Directory Lister is 5.1. It is Excel 2007-2016 compatible.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Nov 18, 2018 - product review and improvements
- Aug 27, 2018 - Added an option to exclude files beginning with ~ or
? as these are almost always temporary files and may cause errors in
listing files for some (but only some) users
- Jan 9, 2017 - Fixed for extremely long folder names
- Jan 3, 2017 - Modified to return the correct size of extremely large files.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Mar 24, 2015 - Added an option to select a folder either directly from one's documents or from the computer.
- Nov 11, 2014 - Improved column sizing and formatting on file listing worksheets
- Sept 15, 2014 - Fixed a problem with the 64 bit Excel version not running.
24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Nov 8, 2013 - Added an option to list just 1st level folders
- March 30, 2013
- Added to the quick listing output the primary folder of the files
- Added a check for illegal file names caused by files sent from users using a different language.
- March 7, 2013 - Release 4.0 - Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Aug 12, 2010 - Fixed the simple sort option to correctly sort on file size
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Mar 22, 2010 - Modified to display screen activity so users know
program has not stopped when doing massive file listings. Limited
hyperlinks in a worksheet to prevent Excel from getting upset if more
than 65,000 hyperlinks created.
- Nov 3, 2009 - Modified so that one can select the background color on folder rows
- Oct 29, 2009 - Modified so that one can have up to five
comments columns on a directory listing worksheet, and comments in
these columns are retained when the list is updated.
- Mar 3, 2009 - Modified to allow Excel 2003 to do a simple
list of files to multiple worksheets to handle more than 65,000 files
in a folder and its sub-folders.
- Jan 14, 2009 - Modified to allow listing of files without file types
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified so that dialogs retain previous user input during an Excel session
- Minor cosmetic changes
- Menu addition not removed if user cancels the closing of Excel