Data Loader Improvements
The latest release of the Data Loader is 10.2. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Oct 25, 2017 - Release 10.0
- Completed the annual code and feature review and made improvements
- Jan 3, 2017 - Modified the Data Entry Loader, used to manually load data, to have more features.
31, 2016 - Fixed a problem in Excel 2013 and 2016 so that one could
select data in another workbook. Updates to Excel had caused this
- Oct 11, 2-15 - Modified so that the Excel Find box
is always set to a partial match option after use, which is Excel's
default on opening Excel.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- May 6, 2014 - Minor change to handle special characters
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Oct 28, 2013 - Modified to check for source to destination file compatibility
- Oct 7, 2013 - Modified so that status bar continually updates
- June 24, 2013 - Added additional options for the concatenation character used in the Power Loader.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Feb 9, 2012 - Modified the power loader feature to allow deletion of data that is loaded
- May 1, 2011 - Fixed a problem from the Mar 27th update when the destination worksheet was in another file.
27, 2011 - Modified to handle missing destination worksheets when the
option to load to sheets based on a column entry is used in the Power
- Oct 24, 2010 - Modified to work on worksheets whose data range has been converted to a list range
- Oct 18, 2010 - Fixed a problem if user selects data outside of the used range (IE, no data) for the data to be loaded
14, 2010 - Selection of data for all loaders now use a simple approach
where the user needs to only select the cells on the first row to be
loaded. All rows below this will be suggested. Users can
always select any range to load just a specific set of data.
7, 2010 - We greatly improved the Data Loader by adding a super fast
load option. We were able to load 100,000 new prices in just a
few minutes. If you have version 6 (released in June), the
upgrade will recognize your install and upgrade you for free to version
- June 16, 2010 - Added a check to insure that the destination sheet is not the same as the source sheet.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 6.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- February 7, 2010 - Modified worksheet checks to better check for worksheets with all columns in use.
- February 2, 2010 - Modified to check for corrupt worksheets that would prevent data from properly loading
- February 1, 2010 - Modified to handle situation where Excel
reports all columns have data but in reality only a few columns have
- June 24, 2009 - Fixed a statement that stopped the Data
Loader when duplicate IDs found when using the Power Loader
feature. A message should have appeared.
- June 5, 2009 - Modified the Fast Loader to handle extremely large blocks (2000 rows +) of hidden rows.
- April 29, 2009 - Added a feature to the Power Loader to mark
loaded data. Fixed a problem in the Fast Loader when data is
loaded to the first unused column in a worksheet.
- April 28, 2009 - Changed internal settings to prevent an error on some user PCs where Microsoft Office is not fully installed.
- April 27, 2009 - Speed improvements to the Power Loader
- Apr 24, 2009 - Release 5 released. Greatly improved the
speed of loading data. Renamed the "Simple Loader" to the "Fast
Loader" to reflect this change. Added additional features to the
various loaders. Modified many dialogs to be easer to use.
- Jan 21, 2009 - Modified to provide an easier means of
switching from one workbook to another - previously one had to do so
via the Excel menus. Now, the option to change workbooks is available
on the input dialogs.
- Jan 6, 2009 - Modified to use alternate input boxes so that
users (a few) with some problems in their worksheets are able to
use. These users because of problems in their worksheets were not
able to use the default input boxes.
- May 22, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- June 23, 2007 - Modified so that a particularly unique set of settings could be used versus advising the user to not use.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 4 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified the Simple Loader to handle formula generated
blank cells in the input ID cells. Such cells appear different to Excel
than normal blank cells.
- Improved the dialogs on the simple data load feature