Data Cleaner Improvements
The latest release of the Data Cleaner is 5.2. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible
- Nov 18, 2018 - product review and improvements.
- Feb 1, 2017 - Added a feature to replace accented letters with keyboard letters
- Jan 18, 2017 - Menu improvements. Added status messages as data is cleaned of non printing characters.
- Jan 17, 2017 - Modified the Data Cleaner clean feature (on the 2nd
tab) to remove printable characters not found on a standard keyboard.
- Sept 3, 2016 - Fixed a problem where Excel incorrectly returned the used range of the workbook if a single cell is selected.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Apr 10, 2015 - A previous change in a common feature
had caused the truncate text on the right option not to be recognized
- Aug 12, 2014 - Modified the convert text numbers to numbers feature to handle extremely large worksheets
30, 2014 - Fixed a problem with the convert text numbers to number
feature. A change to improve the speed of the trim function caused this
feature no longer to work correctly.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed
an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the center of the
Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- June 2, 2014 - Simplified a few choices on the menus
- Mar 30, 2014 - Improved the speed on changing word case on large lists
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Jan 16, 2014 - Added a quick character removal feature
- Oct 7, 2013 - Fixed an issued with trim blanks feature which was not installed on some installations
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
9, 2013 - Release 4.0.1 - Technical fix for a few installations of
Office. The fix avoids the user from having to repair
Office. An upgrade exe will be released when new features are
added as only a few users may be affected. Affected users were
getting a compile error due to a problem with the installation of
- March 7, 2013 - Release 4.0 - Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
9, 2011 - Improved the ease of selection of data rules by allowing one
to select cells in a single column versus having to select entire rows.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Mar 16, 2009
- Added new features, such as changing or removing soft or hard returns and converting html "spaces" to true spaced.
the dialog use for selecting characters to remove or retain to not
require the ctrl or shift key to be held down during the process.
- Feb 11, 2009 - Improved the dialogs and provided an easier way to switch between workbooks and worksheets when selecting cells
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- May 28, 2007 - Added a feature to remove all non-keyboard characters from cell entries
- May 2, 2007 - Added a feature to allow the user to specify any ascii characters for removal
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified so that one can specify to change text if it is on the left side or the right side of a cell entry.
to allow the user to specify a character that represents a space.
This allows one to easily see leading and trailing spaces in the before
and after text. This character is replaced with a space during
the data cleaning process.
- Minor modifications