Custom Tab Creator Improvements
The latest release of the Custom Tab Creator is 4.0.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Oct 25, 2017 - Release 4.0
- Completed the annual code and feature review and made improvements
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Aug 11, 2015 - Fixed a problem in the export of the custom tab settings not exporting to a new worksheet even if checked.
- July 30, 2015 - Updated to add buttons for the new Spreadsheet Assistant features
- June 23, 2015 - Updated for new features added to the Spreadsheet Assistant
- Feb 27, 2015 - Fixed a problem with buttons being large versus
normal size on a few machines. After upgrading, run the update
ribbons option to modify the button size.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always
appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more
- May 9, 2014 - Fixed a problem that prevent custom tabs in Excel 2007 from being created in some instances
- Apr 6, 2014
- Added a new feature that will
allow one to hide any of the tabs that one creates or any of the ribbon
tabs used to display our add-ins. For example, if one has the
Productivity Suite but one does not use the charting or specialty
products, one can hide the Charts and Specialty ribbon tabs. Or, one
can built a custom ribbon tab, put on the add-ins one uses and hide all
the other ribbon tabs.
- Updated for changes to other products
- Apr 5, 2014 - Added a new feature that will allow one to hide any
of the tabs that one creates or are used to display or add-ins. This
lets one totally customize the tabs and show only what they one.
- Apr 4, 2014 Updated for a new feature in the Spreadsheet Assistant
- Mar 27, 2014
- Updated for a new add-in, the Sheet Change Assistant
- Fixed a problem if editing a macro and changing its source to an un-opened workbook
- Mar 16, 2014 - Updated for changes to the Spreadsheet Assistant
- Feb 25, 2014 - Updated to include ability to add two new products to be released this week
- Jan 29, 2014 - Fix the path to eliminate double backslashes when adding files to a list for selection in adding a macro button
- Jan 21, 2014 - Modified to allow one to select add-in files as the file to use when adding a macro button
- Jan 16, 2014 - Updated to include the new Spreadsheet Assistant features added on Jan 16, 2014
- Dec 16, 2013 - Updated to include the new Spreadsheet Assistant features
- Dec 2, 2013 - Updated to handle tildes and umlaut characters in descriptions
- Nov 20, 2013 - Modified to create the tabs in a simpler way and to confirm Excel has write access to the needed folders.
- Nov 6, 2013 - Fixed a problem with a file not being installed
correctly. On some PCs, this resulted in custom tabs not being built.
- Oct 14, 2013 - Fixed an issue with duplicate file names appearing when adding a macro button
- Oct 13, 2013
- Removed the need to confirm insertion of labels on dropdown menus
- Made access to button image IDs far easier.
- Oct 12, 2013
- Added several missing images, fixed an incorrect button name
- Increased the number of built-in controls that could have their labels modified
- Fixed a problem if not match found in searches for add-ins or Spreadsheet Assistant features