Compare Lists Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Compare Lists Assistant is 4.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- May 31, 2016
- Fixed a problem in Excel 2013 and 2016 so that one could select data
in another workbook. Updates to Excel had caused this problem.
11, 2015 - Added significant easy of use features on selecting data
ranges, especially if many rows. Also did a major update to the how to
use exercise file.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- July 2, 2014 - Improved the options in range to range comparisons
- July 1, 2014 - Added two simple range to range comparisons and re-arranged the main menu for easy of use
24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Feb 25, 2014 - Minor ease of use improvements
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Jan 13, 2014
- Minor menu and message improvements
- Modify so that hyperlinks, when specified, are created on cells containing existing text
- Dec 30, 2013
- Added an option to copy matching rows from both lists to a new worksheet
- Added an option to add hyperlinks back to the matching rows when matching rows copied to a new worksheet
- Added prompt for marker column when there are no title rows
- Remove extra blank row appearing on copied rows in some cases
2, 2013 - Added a check of the data on a worksheet to see if has been
converted to an Excel data list, and if so, advise the user to convert
back to a normal Excel range before using the add-in. A bug in
Excel requires this. As few users use Excel data lists, few are
- May 18, 2013
- Fix coloring option on comparing two lists. Update for 2013 had accidentally removed.
- Minor menu improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Apr 4, 2011 - Fixed a problem with panes being frozen on output when data did not have title rows
28, 2011 - Fixed an alignment problem caused when one lists's IDs are
numbers formatted as text and the other list's IDs are numbers
formatted as numbers.
- Dec 6, 2010 - Modified to make
title rows optional when compare list output of copying matching rows
selected when comparing two lists.
- June 16, 2010 - Added to the install a support file that was not included in the 2010 version released on June 1st.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 2.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Nov 9, 2009
- Improved the compare two lists feature to have more options
- Modified to remove a mixture of trailing spaces and trailing non printing characters when doing comparisons
- Oct 29, 2009 - Modified the compare two lists features to have a delete rows options when matches are found.
14, 2009 - Minor wording improvements. Added the capability to
type in a column letter or row number versus having to select it.
- Oct 7, 2009 - Released version 1.