Checkbook Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Checkbook Assistant is 5.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
To upgrade to the latest version, download the latest install. It is a free add-in.
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Nov 16, 2016 - Eliminated conditional formatting which was also contributing to slow performance.
- Sept 15, 2016 - Major update (release went from 4 to 5) to fix a
problem with extremely slow performance with Excel 2013 and possibly
earlier versions of Excel. Addition of new entries in the old
version would take extremely long to do and Excel would appear locked
- May 31, 2016 - Fixed a problem with duplicating entries in
Excel 2016. This feature is used to duplicate reoccurring deposits and
expenses for the next month.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Mar 12, 2015 - Changed the image on the insert entry button to a + sign from an arrow
24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the
center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Mar 30, 2014 - Fixed a problem on 64 bit Excel.
- Jan 28, 2014 - Minor change in how toolbar is displayed
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Dec 16, 2013 - Minor toolbar fix for Excel 2013 users
- July 19, 2013 - Added in a check on the date in case a person accidentally types in an amount in a date column.
- May 18, 2013
- When your default checkbook is opened, the Checkbook Assistant toolbar is now automatically displayed.
- Minor code fixes
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- July 9, 2012 - Turned on the auto clear expected date for new users. Previously, the default had been off.
- May 2, 2012
- Made the calendar dialog modeless so that one can leave it displayed and edit entries
- Auto sets the date expected or date processed based on the date clicked
- added a check number text box
- Increased the speed of the calendar dialog appearing
30, 2012 - Modified so that user did not have to select a row in the
transaction area when adding a entry via the calendar feature.
- April 29, 2012 - Modified to insure new rows are default height.
21, 2012 - Modified so if auto arrange is on, all entries are put at
the top and then arranged. This insures better arrangement results.
- April 17, 2012
- Added an option to auto clear expected date when processed date is entered
- Added an option to auto change positive debit entries to negatives
- April 16, 2012 - Added date selection dialog when adding a new entry
- April 15, 2012 - Release 2.0