Backup Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Backup Assistant is 6.1. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Oct 25, 2017 - Release 6.0
- Added a feature to backup the Quick Access Toolbar setting
- Added a feature to backup the Personal.xlsb file
- Completed the annual code and feature review and made improvements
- July 27, 2017 - Minor improvements
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released 5.0 - Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not
always appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two
or more monitors.
- May 27, 2013 - minor installation improvements only.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- March 19, 2011
- File types exclusions added to the list were sometimes not being saved. This problem was fixed.
- Improved the menus.
- Sept 23, 2010 - Improved the dialogs to make easier to use.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- May 22, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- Jan 28, 2008 - Improved the save settings options to insure
that file open backup options are reviewed when a user clicks the "save
settings" button. Changed so that file name saving option is
saved versus reverting to the filename + date approach.
- Jan 22, 2008 - Eliminated a backup prompt that appeared when a file is opened and the option to automatically backup is set on.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003.
- 2005 /2006
- Modified the option to create a toolbar button to list only the standard toolbars as the destination of a button
- Made minor changes to the startup screens for first time users and minor menu changes to improve ease of use
- Added an option to automatically backup a file just once a day
- Minor change to eliminate password prompting on close
- Fixed a problem with settings not saving on some machines
causing backups not to be run.
- Modified the backup when file is opened
- Fixed a problem with the excluded from prompt for backup