Backup Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Backup Assistant is 6.21. It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Modified to work better with OneDrive and Cloud locations in the Cloud that save files with a http path or "\.." path
- Fixed a Windows 10 bug that caused dialog to appear incorrectly and difficult to read or use.
- Product review and improvements
- Added a feature to backup the Quick Access Toolbar setting
- Added a feature to backup the Personal.xlsb file
- Completed the annual code and feature review and made improvements
- Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not
always appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two
or more monitors.
- Installation improvements
- File types exclusions added to the list were sometimes not being saved.
- Improved the menus.
- Improved the dialogs to make easier to use.
- Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- Improved the save settings options to insure
that file open backup options are reviewed when a user clicks the "save
settings" button. Changed so that file name saving option is
saved versus reverting to the filename + date approach.
- Eliminated a backup prompt that appeared when a file is opened and the option to automatically backup is set on.
- Added an option to automatically backup a file just once a day