Address Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Address Assistant is 5.1 It is Excel 2007-2019 and Office 365 compatible.
- Nov 18, 2018
- Released Excel 2019 compatible version
- Product review and improvements
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always
appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- May 27, 2013 - release 4.01 - Installation improvements only
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- May 20, 2012 - Minor menu changes
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
16, 2009 - Modified so that > 32,000 rows could be process.
Modified the input boxes so that the user can type the letter of a
column versus having to select a column.
- Aug 9, 2009 - Added a new output option available when
parsing multiple rows of addresses or information into single rows
across multiple columns. The new option allows output on the
source data worksheet.
- Feb 12, 2009 - Improved the titles on some dialogs and fixed a typo on one.
- Jan 14, 2009 - Modified the option to split addresses to have
multiple options on postal codes so that non-US postal codes can be
recognized and split out.
- Dec 8, 2008 - Added features that allow one to split entries
either at the start of the last number or after the first
number. These features are useful in splitting street
numbers and streets or splitting postal codes and cities.
- Nov 1, 2008 - Added additional destination options to some of the features.
- Sept 10, 2008 - Modified the extract N words from left or
right to have an option that combines the extracted words with the
entries in the destination column.
- May 22, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- April 15, 2007 - Modified to prevent selection of a range without any data
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003.
- Added features to help split addresses from names and cities when not separated by commas.
- Additional options added to the extract N words from cell entries
- Added features to change soft and hard returns to commas or any character, or to remove.
- Added features to split out the first N words and the last N words
- Added a feature to split addresses when matching text is found in a list
- Streamlined the dialogs
- Added a feature to trim spaces from the left side of entries