Text File Importer Improvements
The latest release of the Text File Importer is release 4.0. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible.
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- February 10, 2012 - Many menu improvements
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- December 7, 2009 - Minor menu improvements
- August 2, 2008 - Modified to have an enhanced file splitting routine. The modification was needed as using the default option of importing large files into Excel 97-2003 is restricted to approximately one million lines and then Excel runs out of memory.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- Sept 22, 2007 - Modified to have an option to split large text (ascii or csv) files into multiple smaller files. And, added an option to import multiple text files at one time. This allows one to import text files of over 5,000,000 lines into Excel.
- July 31, 2007 - Improved the dialogs to better explain certain features. Added a status message showing the data row being processed.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 97
- Modified so that there are no size restrictions on importing of multiple text files at one time
- Added additional options to the import multiple text files at one time feature.
- Sept 22, 2006 - Added an option to write imported data to cells with a leading quote to insure that number like entries (400,500,600) do not get converted to a single number by Excel.
- Added a character by character import option (versus line by line).
- Modified to handle text file with no line returns but with soft returns.
- Modified to fix a problem for some uses with parsing data