Directory Lister Improvements
The latest release of the Directory Lister is 4.01. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible.
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
If you have 4.xx, download the upgrade exe. It will upgrade you to the latest release.
- March 30, 2013 - Release 4.01
- Added to the quick listing output the primary folder of the files
- Added a check for illegal file names caused by files sent from users using a different language.
- March 7, 2013 - Release 4.0 - Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Aug 12, 2010 - Fixed the simple sort option to correctly sort on file size
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Mar 22, 2010 - Modified to display screen activity so users know program has not stopped when doing massive file listings. Limited hyperlinks in a worksheet to prevent Excel from getting upset if more than 65,000 hyperlinks created.
- Nov 3, 2009 - Modified so that one can select the background color on folder rows
- Oct 29, 2009 - Modified so that one can have up to five comments columns on a directory listing worksheet, and comments in these columns are retained when the list is updated.
- Mar 3, 2009 - Modified to allow Excel 97-2003 to do a simple list of files to multiple worksheets to handle more than 65,000 files in a folder and its sub-folders.
- Jan 14, 2009 - Modified to allow listing of files without file types
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 97
- Modified so that dialogs retain previous user input during an Excel session
- Minor cosmetic changes
- Menu addition not removed if user cancels the closing of Excel