Data Extraction Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Data Extraction Assistant is 4.0. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Sept 4, 2012 - Modified so that empty cells in the sort column are also extracted.
- Aug 7, 2012 - Fixed a problem specifying a title row when using the super fast extractor for the very first time.
- Jan 22, 2012 - Added a super fast data extractor. We did 750,000 rows to multiple sheets in 15 seconds. On a two year old computer.
- May 3, 2011 - Minor error trapping improvements
- Dec 11, 2010
- Modified so that sparkline mini-charts are saved when individual worksheets saved as workbooks. Sparklines are an Excel 2010 feature.
- Added a check to see if one of the worksheets is the same name as the workbook when individual workbooks are being created.
- Added a check to prevent selection of the Desktop as the destination for multiple workbooks from worksheets
- Nov 2, 2010
- Added an option to save output files as 97-2003 workbooks, 2007-2010 workbook, or PDF files (2007 & higher)
- Minor menu improvements - selected options are bolded
- Oct 14, 2010
- Modified so that print settings are copied to new sheets when they are created
- Modified so that workbooks created from individual sheets retain print settings
- If the output is to a new workbook, it is created far faster, greatly speeding up the entire process
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Feb 2, 2010 - Modified to allow total rows to be added to extracted data even if a selected set of columns are extracted.
- Jan 28, 2010 - Added an option to copy extracted rows, retaining formulas versus doing a paste special values and format copy.
- Jan 17, 2010 - Added a feature to specify a formula row that is at the bottom of the data being extracted that is copied to all extracted sheets. Such a row can contain sum or other such functions.
- July 7, 2009 - Minor dialog and message box changes.
- Mar 11, 2009 - Added additional extraction options. A user can not specify a text box entry for extraction matching. And a contains matching text feature to trigger extraction was added.
- Jan 14, 2008 - Minor message change on one of the dialogs.
- Jan 7, 2009 - Fixed a problem with a message not displaying if worksheets are protected.
- Dec 12, 2008 - Improved the dialogs and greatly increased the speed of extraction when extraction against a list to a new worksheet. Added a feature that extracts rows if a match is not found in a list.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- January 28, 2008
- Provided copy options when creating individual workbooks from worksheets.
- Fixed a problem with data extraction to a single sheet when column A is empty.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- April 6, 2007 - Added a check of destination sheet names to see if any are error values such as #N/A and if so advise the user to first fix.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 97
- Fixed a problem that prevented individual sheets from being exported to new workbooks.
- Added a feature to allow one to extract to just one sheet all matching entries
- Modified to allow one to extract just certain columns versus all columns
- Added features that greatly improved the speed of the data extraction