Consolidation Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Consolidation Assistant is 4.0. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible.
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- June 5, 2012 - Added an option on consolidating CSV files to one worksheet to exclude title rows on all files but the first.
- April 27, 2011 - Modified to handle extraction of extremely large number of columns
- Oct 15, 2010 - Modified menus to make it more obvious how to retain data filtering settings and page setup when many sheets are consolidated into one workbook as individual sheets (option 3 on the dialog)
- Sept 23, 2010
- Modified to allow consolidation of all sheets from selected open workbooks, versus requiring the workbooks to be closed.
- Modified to work with WebDav servers (https:// path)
- Aug 12, 2010 - Added option to combine sheets across versus just down
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Nov 23, 2009 - Fixed a problem on extracting data from multiple sheets.
- Sept 13, 2009 - Added a worksheet selection form to make selection of worksheets easier.
- Aug 22, 2009 - A recent change to Excel 2007 required a change to avoid a password prompt request from appearing when worksheets are unprotected as part of the consolidation process.
- July 21, 2009 - Minor dialog and message box changes. Fixed a problem creating a listing of workbook worksheets if the a workbook contain graph sheets and the active sheet while listing is a graph sheet.
- July 7, 2009 - Minor dialog and message box changes.
- Apr 15, 2009 - Modified to eliminate a warning message that was sometimes appearing when copying sheets and retaining formulas in the consolidated results.
- Jan 30, 2009 - Modified to increase speed on consolidation of Excel 2007 files.
- Oct 3, 2008 - Modified to remember the directory last used to select files for CSV consolidation when a list of files is being created and provide additional output opt ions.
- July 8, 2008 - Modified to correct a message on one of the dialogs and to fix a problem that could occur if consolidating Excel 2007 an Excel 2003 worksheets at the same time.
- June 3, 2008 - Modified to use an alternate input dialog when getting a range to extract from multiple sheets. Some users with partially corrupt worksheets could not use the default input dialog
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- Feb 23, 2008 - Modified to detect if a workbook is protected when selected a new worksheet for a multi-worksheet range consolidation.
- Feb 8, 2008 - Fixed a problem for users who have upgraded Excel 2003 to SP3. Only a few such users are experience a problem and is due to an installation problem in Excel caused by SP3.
- Jan 29, 2008 - Added an option to consolidate CSV files and not automatically convert to columns. This allows the user to use Data, Text to Column to control the data conversion.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- June 19, 2007 - Fixed a problem with consolidating worksheets if one of the worksheets has a data list set.
- April 3, 2007 - Fixed a problem where the consolidations of multiple sheets into one did not recognize the additional rows available in Excel 2007
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 97
- Modified to eliminate an extra blank row that was being added when consolidating all worksheets in multiple workbooks.
- Modified the feature that extracts data from multiple workbooks so that one can specify up to 10 ranges (from any sheets) to be extracted.
- Modified to prevent auto running macros from running when workbooks opened for consolidation.
- Improved dialogs and additional options added
- fixed a problem in release 1.39 with copying multiple sheets to more than one duplicate destination sheet.
- Modified to handle cells containing more than 255 characters
- Minor menu improvements
- Improved handling of column widths and cell formats and hidden rows
- Modified to allow search for a partial cell string when searching multiple sheets for matching text
- Added an option to retain hidden rows and columns as hidden when consolidating sheets into a workbook.
- Modified to allow select of a set of sheets versus all sheets when extracting data from a workbook
- Modified to fix a problem that occurred in some consolidation instances when consolidating to different workbooks at one time