Consolidation Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Consolidation Assistant is 6.0. It is Excel 2007-2016 compatible.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Oct 25, 2017 - Release 6.0
- Completed the annual code and feature review and made improvements
- Sept 3, 2016 - Fixed a dialog that did not appear in 2016 if one
wished to specify a destination cell for output on another workbook.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Feb 15, 2015 - Added options to search sub folders for
files to consolidate and to list the worksheet of workbooks listed on a
worksheet. This helps in consolidating many workbooks especially if
they are in different folders.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an
Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the center of the Excel
window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Apr 2, 2014
- Improved the selection and consolidation of CSV and TXT files
- Fixed a problem with consolidating CSV files
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Jan 10, 2014 - Modified CSV and TXT file import to handle extremely long file names when importing to individual worksheets.
- Oct 7, 2013 - Fixed for an Excel memory issue that appeared for some users
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- June 5, 2012 - Added an option on consolidating worksheets to one worksheet to exclude title rows on all sheets but the first.
- April 27, 2011 - Modified to handle extraction of extremely large number of columns
15, 2010 - Modified menus to make it more obvious how to retain data
filtering settings and page setup when many sheets are consolidated
into one workbook as individual sheets (option 3 on the dialog)
- Sept 23, 2010
- Modified to allow consolidation of all sheets from selected open workbooks, versus requiring the workbooks to be closed.
- Modified to work with WebDav servers (https:// path)
- Aug 12, 2010 - Added option to combine sheets across versus just down
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Nov 23, 2009 - Fixed a problem on extracting data from multiple sheets.
- Sept 13, 2009 - Added a worksheet selection form to make selection of worksheets easier.
- Aug 22, 2009 - A recent change to Excel 2007 required a change
to avoid a password prompt request from appearing when worksheets are
unprotected as part of the consolidation process.
- July 21, 2009 - Minor dialog and message box changes.
Fixed a problem creating a listing of workbook worksheets if the a
workbook contain graph sheets and the active sheet while listing is a
- July 7, 2009 - Minor dialog and message box changes.
- Apr 15, 2009 - Modified to eliminate a warning message that
was sometimes appearing when copying sheets and retaining formulas in
the consolidated results.
- Jan 30, 2009 - Modified to increase speed on consolidation of Excel 2007 files.
- Oct 3, 2008 - Modified to remember the directory last used to
select files for CSV consolidation when a list of files is being
created and provide additional output opt ions.
- July 8, 2008 -
Modified to correct a message on one of the dialogs and to fix a
problem that could occur if consolidating Excel 2007 an Excel 2003
worksheets at the same time.
- June 3, 2008 - Modified to use an alternate input dialog when
getting a range to extract from multiple sheets. Some users with
partially corrupt worksheets could not use the default input dialog
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- Feb 23, 2008 - Modified to detect if a workbook is protected
when selected a new worksheet for a multi-worksheet range
- Feb 8, 2008 - Fixed a problem for users who have upgraded
Excel 2003 to SP3. Only a few such users are experience a problem
and is due to an installation problem in Excel caused by SP3.
- Jan 29, 2008 - Added an option to consolidate CSV files and
not automatically convert to columns. This allows the user to use
Data, Text to Column to control the data conversion.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and
add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add
another level of security and confidence in our products. It
allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in
Excel and still run our add-ins.
- June 19, 2007 - Fixed a problem with consolidating worksheets if one of the worksheets has a data list set.
- April 3, 2007 - Fixed a problem where the consolidations of
multiple sheets into one did not recognize the additional rows
available in Excel 2007
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified to eliminate an extra blank row that was being added when consolidating all worksheets in multiple workbooks.
the feature that extracts data from multiple workbooks so that one can
specify up to 10 ranges (from any sheets) to be extracted.
- Modified to prevent auto running macros from running when workbooks opened for consolidation.
- Improved dialogs and additional options added
- fixed a problem in release 1.39 with copying multiple sheets to more than one duplicate destination sheet.
- Modified to handle cells containing more than 255 characters
- Minor menu improvements
- Improved handling of column widths and cell formats and hidden rows
- Modified to allow search for a partial cell string when searching multiple sheets for matching text
- Added an option to retain hidden rows and columns as hidden when consolidating sheets into a workbook.
- Modified to allow select of a set of sheets versus all sheets when extracting data from a workbook
- Modified to fix a problem that occurred in some consolidation instances when consolidating to different workbooks at one time