Flash Card Assistant
An add-in product for Microsoft Excel
Free! Download now! No purchase required!
Latest release is 2.04 - May 20, 2012
- Use Excel to display your flash cards
- Easily create flash cards by typing questions in one
column and answers in the next
- Slide show capability
- Share lists with friends
- FREE! No purchase required.
The Flash Card Assistant add-in for Microsoft Excel is an easy way to construct and display flash cards. It is compatible with Microsoft Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
The Flash Card Assistant is a free program. No purchase ever required. No restrictions.
One can construct flash cards very easily in Excel. Just enter the questions in one column and the answer in another:
You have options to:
- Display either the question or answer first
- Show in random order, first to last, or last to first
- Mark questions or answers as known so that they can be excluded from viewing sessions
- Display questions even if marked as known
- Display only questions on selected rows
- Show questions and answers in different font sizes, bolded and centered.
- Slide show capability
The following shows the front and back of a flash card:
As you can see, it is identical to how physical flash cards work: you look at one side and see a question, and then the other side to see the answer. You can also have it display the answer first and see if you know the question.
The main dialog of the Flash Card Assistant gives options to
- Number your questions,
- Randomize the list,
- Sort your list back in question number order,
- Insert blanks every 10 rows,
You can create a new flash card list very easily. Just select the option on the main dialog titled "Create a new flash card worksheet". Then just fill in the questions and answers. You can share the lists with your friends by emailing the worksheet to them.
- May 20, 2012
- Increase the choices on font size to have fonts up to size 48
- Oct 26, 2011
- Modified so that the questions and answers are displayed in any font, allowing one to use Greek or other type fonts.
- Fixed a problem with displaying only questions to be studied, when known questions should not be displayed.
- Sept 15, 2011 - Added slide show capability
- Sept 14, 2011 - Released version 2.0. Many improvements over release 1. Many more ways to display flash cards were added. Ability to display flash cards from multiple worksheets added.