Waterfall Chart Creator Improvements
The latest release of the Waterfall Chart Creator is 8.03. It is Excel 2007-2016 compatible.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Feb 13, 2017 - A bug we discovered in Excel kept the option to hide
un-needed columns from working with value labels. Excel instead of
hiding the labels, shifted the labels. We are working on a solution, so
have rolled back the Feb 9 update.
- Feb 9, 2017 - Added the option to hide columns if they are not
needed. This allows one to use one chart with unused columns
hidden. Then, instead of having to recreate the chart to add new
columns, one just hides those columns until needed.
- Nov 16, 2016 - Minor fixes.
- Sept 29, 2016
- Fixed a problem with value labels in Excel 2016 not positioning at the top of bars
- Added a nudge feature to value labels to refine the position of value labels
- Added instructions on how to quickly and easily re-position text labels after an update. An Excel bug is causing the problem.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Aug 26, 2014 - Release 7.0! - Modified to allow one to show a detailed breakdown of total and sub total columns.
are free if you have purchased in the past year. Just log in
using your order number and password and download the latest install.
- If your purchase is over a year old, the upgrade exe for release 7 above will provide a half off coupon code.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always
appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more
- Jan 27, 2014
- Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Fix a problem in some non-English versions with decimal values not being correctly recognized
- June 19, 2013 - Minor code modifications and help file modifications
- May 15, 2013 - Shareware version modification
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Jan 21, 2013
- Fixed problems with French and German versions of Excel
- Fixed changes to sub-total columns to be permanent again
- Fixed formatting with patterns to be permanent again.
- May 11, 2012
- Modified to add connecting lines between values (connecting lines between blocks added back in Dec 2011
to put the cursor in a wait state while constructing the charts - Excel
2007 and 2010 bug made the cursor stay as a pointer while the chart was
- Fixed a problem a user in Thailand was having in Excel 2010
- Dec 20, 2011
- Improved the connection lines feature for Office 2007 and 2010, which allows thinner connection lines
- Fixed a bug, either from the feature add or from the Office Update released the week of Dec 12
- Dec 12, 2011 - Added an option to add connection lines between columns and blocks of a waterfall chart
- Nov 16, 2011- Technical code change needed for extremely fast PCs
- March 8, 2011 - Fixed a problem with the French Canadian version of Excel 2010
- Feb 14, 2011
- Fixed a problem with a recent change preventing updating of charts displayed on chart sheets. Spreadsheet charts updated fine.
- Feb 11, 2011
- Fixed a problem with Excel 2010 displaying values off center
a problem with a value of zero being displayed if a blank column used
to provide separation and values shown for other columns.
- Dec 16, 2010 - Fixed a problem with some older waterfall charts not being updateable with the latest release
- Nov 29, 2010
- Fixed a problem with the main dialog not appearing after the help file opened.
- Dialog highlighting of the selected options
- Dialogs remember position
- Fixed a problem in updating charts if the last data cell is a blank (used to provide spacing)
- Oct 12, 2010
- Added options to allow manual edit of value labels
- Added options to insert column titles into the chart above, below or in the bars
- Added an option to set the column gap width to any value
- Added an option to export or import chart settings so settings can be shared easily
- Various small changes
- Oct 1, 2010 - Fixed a problem with title cells formatted as text cells
- Sept 9, 2010
- Corrected a problem where some special chart markers were accidentally removed in a prior update
- Sept 6, 2010
- Added an option to set different border colors, and for total columns to turn shadow off or on
- Minor fixes
- Aug 13, 2010
- Modified to fix a problem with Excel not updating and replacing text boxes
- Fixed a problem with re-arranging multiple charts
- Aug 10, 2010 - Modified so that pure numeric titles can be used for the last description
- Aug 5, 2010
- Fixed a problem with a temporary worksheet being created before final confirmation to create chart received
- Fixed a problem with sub total cells not being correctly identified in some cases.
- June 28, 2010 - Fixed a problem updating old charts that have
"phantom" text boxes. Only one instance has been found and
- June 1, 2010 - Release 5.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Renamed from "Cascade" to "Waterfall" to reflect internet naming convention
- May 19, 2009 - For Excel 2007, the option to select a destination
cell had to be removed due to changes in the charting system with 2007
that caused update problems. We will add back if Microsoft fixes
this part of the charting system in an update or a new version of
Excel. Users can instead put the waterfall chart on a new
worksheet and manually move to any location.
- Apr 16, 2009 - Fixed a problem with the create a chart dialog not appearing in the version released on April 15th.
- Apr 15, 2009 - Modified the Waterfall Chart Creator to have smaller memory usage in Excel when not in use.
- Feb 26, 2009 - Modified to reset the toolbar in case the user accidentally deletes the toolbar button
- Nov 20, 2008 - Fixed a problem with the saved settings on chart
borders not being correctly recalled when a new chart is created.
- Nov 12, 2008 - Modified so that a changing in the format of the
data values is reflected on the value labels if the charts are updated.
- Oct 29, 2008 - Fixed a problem only in Excel 2007 where Excel lost
track of the data ranges if rows or columns above or to the left are
deleted or added making it impossible to update the chart
- May 23, 2008 - Modified so that a reference to a Microsoft Office
file that is sometimes not installed by Microsoft is no longer needed.
- May 22, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code
modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP)
upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in
using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another
level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users
to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and
still run our add-ins.
- April 3, 2007 - Fixed a problem creating charts if the data is across instead of down
- March 23, 2007 - Fixed a problem with updating charts in Excel 2007
- March 21, 2007 - Version 4 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003.
- fixed a problem with subtotals not being allowed when data is all on one row.
- Fixed a problem with two color gradient fill on increasing values when such crossed the zero line.
- Improved dialogs on two color gradient fill to better explain choices
- Fixed a misspelling on a color name
- Released version 3 - many more format options
multiple chart creation capability
- Improved help and exercise file
- Modified to handle hundreds of waterfall values. Previous limit was 20-40.
- Improved the dialog that asks for the cells for the total columns to make it more understandable.
- Modified so that the Title for the chart is automatically suggested. For example
if the data is in a column
the text in the first text cell above the data is suggested for the title.
a problem when a waterfall chart is created and the user selects the
destination cell and there are already other waterfall charts on the