Spreadsheet Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Spreadsheet Assistant is 10.03. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible.
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
If you have 10.xx, download the upgrade exe. It will upgrade you to the latest release.
- May 18, 2013
- Added a classic print preview menu item to the Print Assistants menu. This button can now be easily added to the quick access toolbar or the quick access menu
- Fix coloring option on comparing two lists. Update for 2013 had accidentally removed.
- March 30, 2013
- Added back "Return file location and size" to the File Assistants menu. It had been dropped by accident with the conversion to a Ribbon tab. It was still available from the classic menus.
- Improved the menu item arrangement on the context menu.
- Technical fix for a few users. The fix avoids the user from having to repair Office. Affected users were getting a compile error due to a problem with the installation of Office.
- Changed option that installs as an add-in to eliminate an incorrect message.
- March 7, 2013 - Release 10.0 - Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Dec 29, 2012 - Modified the feature "Spreadsheet Assistant Toolbars" found under the Assistant menus to make keep the Assistant's toolbars hidden until un-hidden in a future Excel session. Also, excluded add-in toolbars from the list of toolbars that can be customized to prevent accidentally modification or deletion.
- July 27, 2012 - Fixed a problem in Excel 2010 - 64 bit version where the 32 bit version of the favorite bookmark feature was being called, resulting in the feature not working.
- February 9, 2012 - Fixed a problem where Excel changed windows when the user had multiple workbook windows open when running some features
- January 12, 2012 - Refined a fix for a few 2010 users experiencing a problem with an Office update
- December 19, 2011 - Modified how menu additions are added to Excel
- September 19, 2011 - Fixed a problem in adding text to the left in modify cell entries feature
- August 24, 2011
- Changed code to handle a problem with corruption that can happen to some workbooks
- Fixed a spelling error
- June 30, 2011 - Modified to handle a problem with switching drives when using Favorite Bookmarks.
- Apr 8, 2011 - Modified to caution user not to enter an error value for a numeric conditional select search, and to advise how to correctly search for error values.
- March 7, 2011
- Modified the copy print settings feature to copy the 2007/10 align footers with page margin settings
- Modified the copy print settings feature to also copy settings to chart sheets
- Modified the index sheets feature to have an option to index hidden sheets.
- February 9, 2011 - Modified the feature that modifies custom toolbars to display the macro assigned to a button
- December 13, 2010 - Fixed a problem calling a file needed for custom toolbar modifications
- December 6, 2010 - Modified the conditional select using an IF test. Numeric value tests were not being allowed after the last change
- Nov 11, 2010 - minor menu changes
- Sept 30, 2010
- Modified the conditional select using an IF test to select numeric values formatted as numbers
- Improved the compare two ranges features
- Aug 30, 2010 - Modified select all the way down and all the way across to work on protected sheets, and to select to the last row or column with a cell entry. Previously, they would select based on the range that Excel reported as "used"
- Aug 20, 2010 - Fixed a problem with select down and across not wanting to select if there are scattered entries on a worksheet
- Aug 17, 2010
Aug 12, 2010
- Modified how conditional select works when selecting blank cells
- Modified all conditional select features to check to see if the worksheet is protected
- Modified fill all the way down and all the way across to not clear the undo buffer
- Modified to not reset the Assistant's toolbar on installation into 2010
- June 1, 2010 - Release 9.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Feb 2, 2010 - Modified the copy print settings feature to allow selection of target worksheets in any open workbook and to make it easier to use.
- Jan 26, 2010 - Modified the backup active file to automatically apply the current file type. Also fixed a problem for some users who were getting an error message due to a bug in their installation of Microsoft Office.
- Jan 6, 2010 - Modified the feature to freeze the scroll area to have options to allow the user to specify header rows and columns to stay visible when the scroll area is frozen.
- Nov 17, 2009
- Modified the change case feature to remember the last selected option for ease of re-use
- Fixed a problem with relocation features working that appeared when the code was reorganized
- Sept 2, 2009 - One of the modifications made on August 26th impacted new users, with the toolbars not appearing. This release solves this problem. An email has been sent to all customers during this period. Users who upgraded during this period should not be affected.
- August 26, 2009
- Modified the create sheets from a list of names in cells to use the actual text of the cell versus the cell value. This solves a problem if the cell values were date entries.
- Minor technical modifications to remove some un-needed code.
- Eliminated conflict with the the Sheet Navigator when Assistants, Sheet Assistants, Rename Sheets was selected. The Sheet Navigator, if loaded, would have its feature called versus the Spreadsheet Assistant's feature.
- Aug 18, 2009 - Modified the dialog that display toolbar reset options to not loop when closed via clicking the dialog's X button
- Aug 17, 2009 - Modified how help topics are called.
- July 24, 2009 - Fixed a problem with the "Find an Assistant" option when one displays the dialog to look for a feature in the feature list dialog.
- June 24, 2009 - Fixed a problem with the 'Print multiple selections' feature in Excel 2007.
- June 12, 2009 - Fixed a problem with the 'All the Assistants' menu not appearing and the Duplicate Sheets feature not canceling if cancel selected. The problems were introduced as a result of re-coding done late April.
- June 4, 2009 - Modified the duplicate finding feature to re-use colors when all background colors have been used. Also added messages advising if the colors have been re-used.
- Apr 25, 2008 - Fixed a problem with two features that did not work after the speed and memory improvements were released.
- Apr 24, 2008 - Modified internal structure to improve loading speed and reduce memory usage.
- Apr 2, 2009 - Added an option to reset the menu additions for users who have the menus additions removed by other companies' add-ins. To use, assign the feature "Restore Spreadsheet Assistant toolbars and menu additions" to a custom button for use when needed.
- Jan 17, 2009
- Modified the create image file from a range to work in Excel 2007
- Modified the next sheet, previous sheet buttons to work if a worksheet is protected. A bug in Excel prevented them from working before.
- Modified the Contains( ) function to work with the wildcard characters "*" and "?"
- Nov 12, 2008 - Modified the copy column widths feature so that the selected column widths can be copied to selected sheets.
- July 8, 2008 - Modified one of the toolbars to remove an un-needed button.
- June 12, 2008 - Modified the feature that creates hyperlinks to selected sheets and back to an index sheet to use user entered text for the hyperlink back to the index sheet.
- June 3, 2008 - Modified to use an alternate input dialog when getting a range to extract from multiple sheets. Some users with partially corrupt worksheets could not use the default input dialog
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- Apr 14, 2008 - Added a custom toolbar manager feature as this feature was dropped in Excel 2007. One can now add Spreadsheet Assistant commands to any custom toolbar. One can also re-arrange, rename, and delete both custom toolbars and buttons.
- Mar 7, 2008 - Modified the select and fill down features to do cell selection based on entries to the right in case there is no basis on the cells to the left to do a selection.
- Feb 5, 2008 - Modified the feature to edit the format menu items under the Format menu to allow Excel 2007 users to change the format settings.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- June 21, 2007 - Modified the Favorites Bookmark feature to be easier to use
- April 27, 2007 - Modified the expand pivot table range feature to be easier to use
- April 25, 2007 - Added the ability to use any image as a button face for a Spreadsheet Assistant feature assigned to a button
- March 29, 2007 - Several minor fixes for several features for Excel 2007
- March 23, 2007 - Updated the documentation for various changes made for Excel 2007
- March 21, 2007 - Version 8 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 97.
- Minor change to the file rename and move feature
- Minor change for French version of Excel pivot tables
- Minor changes to improve startup
- Minor dialog and menu improvements
- Added a Hide/Show formula bar feature to the View menu
- Fixed a problem with exporting reports and merged cells.
- Improved detection of error cells when doing conditional select of error cells.
- Modified select to the right feature to work even if blank rows above selection
- Modified select blank features to select blanks even if Excel's normal limits are exceeded.
- Modified add-in un-install to remove menu items left in some situations
- Modified the menus so that they do not disappear when one stops the Excel closing process (by clicking cancel when prompted to close a file). The modification also speeds up loading of the Spreadsheet Assistant.
- Fix the rename the active file feature - it had been disabled when changes made to another feature.
- Modified the set the default directory feature to suggest the active directory and the active workbook's directory in addition to retaining the feature of selecting any directory.
- Improved the Favorite Bookmarks and Favorite Directories features.
- Modified delete blank rows to handle more than 32
- Modified the blank duplicate entries to suggest an alternate approach when more than 10
000 cells are selected. This alternative approach
which can handle extremely large number of cells does not have undo capability.
- Modified the export reports from selected sheets feature to delete any hidden rows and columns on the reports.
- Modified code (not features) of several features to make them run faster