Risk Analyzer Improvements
The latest release of the Risk Analyzer is release 12.01. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible.
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
If you have 12.xx, download the upgrade exe. It will upgrade you to the latest release.
- May 18, 2013 - Fixed an issue when a risk premises workbook created in one local currency is updated by a user with a different local currency
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Nov 11, 2010 - Minor menu changes
- Oct 26, 2010 - Modified so that distribution parameters are not updated if one runs reports; parameters are only updated if one uses the menu system to specify a distribution. This allows one to set up tables to specify distributions for different cases.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 11.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Apr 28, 2010 - Modified so that 10/90 and expected values updated if user modifies probability premises manually and does not review the results via the menus before running the probability or sensitivity reports.
- Feb 24, 2010 - Modified so that input range names that have not had distributions assigned are not required to have distributions before running reports or simulations
- Nov 12, 2009 - Modified the messages on selecting title cells for multi-cell output cells to be more informative
- Oct 21, 2009 - Modified the option to specify a random number seed to use only positive numbers and modified how randomization was set to fix a problem with random values not being repeated when a seed value was re-used.
- Sept 5, 2009
- Additional data checks were added to identify incorrect user edits of the risk analysis premises.
- Fixed a problem with a distribution not being recognized as correct by the data validation routines
- August 26, 2009
- Modified charts used by dialogs to improve chart fit on the dialogs.
- Added an option to specify "no limit" to minimum and maximum values on several distributions.
- Added an option to specify the parameters of the normal distribution when the distribution is first created versus doing so by modifying the initial suggested values.
- Added a uniform integer distribution that returns just integer values.
- Added an option to control the random number seed value.
- May 17, 2009 - Added the Pert distribution to the set of available distributions. Pert distributions are excellent if one only really knows the minimum and maximum values and skewness of a value.
- Apr 28, 2009 - Improved messages and actions that Risk Analyzer takes when differences are encountered when one changes an input or output variable's original value or converts an input cell to a formula cell.
- Feb 5, 2009 - Modified the navigation to worksheet feature to have filters for the different types of worksheets created by the Risk Analyzer.
- Dec 11, 2008 - Made a major modification which increases the simulation speed in Excel 2007 to extremely fast. Excel 97-2003 speed was already extremely fast.
- May 22, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- May 16, 2008 - Fixed a problem that prevented one from setting one's model to a specific case.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- May 15, 2007 - Minor menu changes to better explain features
- March 23, 2007 - Fixed problems where code for Excel 2007 charts did not work in Excel 2003
- March 21, 2007 - Version 10 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 97
- Menu modifications to improve ease of use.
- Added new reports to summarize results
- Added an option to set the order of the probability lines in funnel charts
- Automatically re-order report worksheets when one is updated
- Fixed a problem in some studies with results reports being truncated
- Modified so that an error does not occur if a printer is not setup on a PC
- Modified to fix a problem for Excel 97/2000 users where Excel may crash when calculation set back to automatic.
- Modified sensitivity charts (fishbone charts) to allow selective display of input variables
- Fixed problems with French and German versions of Excel