Mekko Chart Creator Improvements
The latest release of the Mekko Chart Creator is 5.0. It is Excel 2007-2016 compatible.
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- Nov 25, 2014 - Modified to greatly increase the chart speed for large sets of data where there are large numbers of blank values in the data.
- Aug 26, 2014 -Improved the label centering. Previous approaches worked fine in some situations and not all in others.
- Aug 14, 2014 - Fixed a problem specific to Excel 2007 label centering.
- July 9, 2014 - Added a re-center label option to re-center labels if the chart area is moved or resized, or if the values are changed.
- July 8, 2014 - Fixed a problem with one of the custom format options for charts not being recognized.
- July 1, 2014 - Added an option to specify a custom format for chart labels. This allows formats like "0,,", which makes a number like 1000000 appear as 1, to be used.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Jan 30, 2014 - Modified top and right side total values to show a blank instead of a zero if blank. The situation would arise if each block's value was in its own row and column and right side labels were also set to appear.
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Oct 7, 2013
- Added more status bar messages and set the cursor to a wait appearance while creating a chart so that users do not think work is done when it is not
- Modified to prevent other PC activity from preventing a chart from being created. One user had reported such a problem.
- June 7, 2013 - Added option to specify user labels for each of the rectangles on an area mekko chart. Minor changes.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Dec 29, 2012 - Modified to exclude blank rows and columns from appearing if blank rows or columns in the data.
- Dec 11, 2012
- Modified to automatically hide labels if value is zero
- Fixed a problem with some users of non-English versions of Excel
- Dec 9, 2012 - Improved value labels so that they automatically switch formatting to local currency formatting.
- Nov 12, 2012 - Fixed a problem with some language versions of Excel where value labels could not be displayed
- Apr 4, 2012 - Modified how default colors are stored. Fixed a bug in Excel 2007/10 related to legends.
- Apr 3, 2012 - Added an option to add a legend to a Mekko area chart.
- Nov 16, 2011 - Technical code change needed for extremely fast PCs
- June 2, 2011
- Added an option to show the Y axis (% scale)
- Added an option to show labels on one line vs multiple
- Aug 12, 2010 - Fixed a problem for some Excel installations that were not working correctly
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Sept 1, 2009
- Added an option to include Y axis labels in each data rectangle
- Improved default label position within each data rectangle
- Improved location of right side totals (optional feature) to align with the last set of area mekko data
- Users can now modify any label for a data rectangle by modifying a cell entry versus having to select a label and change it.
- June 19, 2009 - Fixed a problem creating Mekko charts directly to chart sheets
- Mar 30, 2009 - Fixed a problem some users had with storing and reusing area Mekko chart color schemes
- Mar 23, 2009 - Further improved the bar Mekko capacity of the Mekko Chart Creator.
- Mar 9, 2009 - Added bar Mekko capacity to the Mekko Chart Creator.
- Jan 6, 2009 - Fixed a problem where a single line mekko chart was not being created as a result of a modification in December.
- Dec 2, 2008 - Modified so that data labels are dynamic and change if cell entries change
- Nov 3, 2008 - Fixed a problem with labeling data points in Excel 2007
- Sept 24, 2008 - Added the ability to add value or other labels to individual data points or to the the top or right side of Mekko charts
- July 8, 2008 - Modification to the help file.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- Nov 29, 2007 - Fixed a problem with values less than 1 not being allowed in Mekko charts
- Nov 28, 2007 - Fixed a problem with the labels on the Y axis