Lookup Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Lookup Assistant is 6.0. It is Excel 2007-2016 compatible
Do the following to get the latest release
(Excel 2007 to 2016 compatible) with all the improvements:
- If you have purchased in the past year, then simply login and download
the latest install. You will need your order number and
password that were mailed to you.
- If you are not certain when you purchased or you have lost
your login instructions, then go to our lost order
number or password page and put in your e-mail
address. New download instructions will be sent to you or you
will be provided with a half off upgrade code.
- If our system couldn't find you, for example your email
address has changed, then send
us an email!
If your purchase was over a year ago, then
go to our past
customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- Sept 22, 2015 - Released Excel 2016 compatible version
- It is also backward compatible with Excel 2007-2013.
- June 24, 2014 - Fixed an Excel bug with dialogs not always appearing in the center of the Excel window if the user has two or more monitors.
- Feb 25, 2014 - Modified to copy formats of matching cells
- Jan 27, 2014 - Modified to fix a problem displaying dialogs in some non-English versions of Excel
- Jan 9, 2014 - Modified the fast lookup approach and fixed a problem on the fast lookup where in some cases it could not be used due to data and ID arrangement
- Dec 31, 2013
- Added a fast lookup option to make lookups faster
- Modified the formulas added to do lookups to return a blank instead of a zero if a looked up cell is empty. A zero is Excel's default, but not what one really wants.
- Added a completion message on one option that did not have such.
- Oct 7, 2013 - Fixed for a problem with $ signs in sheet names. Improved screen updating while running.
- May 27, 2013 - Minor installation improvements
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Aug 27, 2012 - Added an option to color and mark the rows in the source data that are loaded to the target rows.
- Oct 20, 2010
- Added easy cell selection features
- Added additional options
- Minor dialog improvements to bold selections for ease of use.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 4.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- March 5, 2010 - Released version 3. Version 3 has more features and is easier to use. See the product information page for details on the new features.
- Oct 17, 2008 - Modified to handle workbooks and worksheets with a single quote in their names.
- Oct 7, 2008 - Modified so that the first two options of the Lookup Assistant trim blanks on both the lookup values and target values so that extra spaces do not prevent a match from being found. Also fixed for an undocumented Excel problem with *, ~, and ? characters in the lookup values when doing the matching via these options.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 2003
- Modified the option to color unmatched rows to include the destination data columns
- Improved the menus and made it easier to select identifiers to match to if they are located in another workbook