Duplicate Finder & Deleter Improvements
The latest release of the Duplicate Finder & Deleter is 5.0. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible.
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Sept 4, 2012 - Fixed a problem with the feature to copy first and unique occurrences to a new worksheet.
- Aug 21, 2012 - Modified so that ascii character 160, which looks like a space, is treated as a keyboard space, which is ascii character 32. Ascii character 160 is normally only used in HTML pages as a non-breaking space to align text. It should not part of computer generated data or downloaded data. One of our customers had data that had ascii 160 in one list and regular spaces in another list, resulting in no duplicates being found as the characters were different.
- Mar 26, 2012 - Minor title and wording changes
- May 26, 2011 - Modified to insure that user does not accidentally pick hidden columns when selecting comparison columns.
- Apr 6, 2011 - Added in a top data row confirmation if the first data row is below row 5. This was done to help insure that the user correctly picks the first row of data and doesn't accidentally pick a starting row below the top of the data.
- Dec 14, 2010 - Modified the option on find 1st occurrences and duplicates to mark both versus just duplicates.
- Nov 11, 2010 - Minor menu changes.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 4.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Feb 2, 2010 - Added an option to remove parentheses when searching for duplicates. This is useful when checking phone number lists.
- Dec 17, 2009 - Significantly increased the speed when copying duplicates (or non-duplicates) when comparing two lists
- Nov 9, 2009
- Improved the compare two lists feature to have more options
- Modified to remove a mixture of trailing spaces and trailing non printing characters when doing comparisons
- June 17, 2009 - Removed a system reference that can cause problems on a few Excel installations.
- June 14, 2009 - Added options to number duplicates, improved the ease of use, and added a detailed list of search actions on the confirmation dialog.
- May 6, 2009 - Modified all copy, select, or find duplicate options on the first panel to have the same color and mark options.
- Mar 11, 2009 - Modified so that last set of columns used to check for duplicates can be re-selected with one click. Also modified the options to make coloring of duplicates an option.
- Jan 26, 2009 - Added a second approach to unhidden rows and columns in case the conventional approach to unhide does not work.
- Jan 17, 2009 - Modified the message on hidden rows and columns to be clearer and to give the option to unhide hidden rows and columns versus having to do so manually.
- Jan 14, 2009 - Modified to use alternate input boxes so that users (a few) with some problems in their worksheets are able to use. These users, because of problems in their worksheets, were not able to use the default input boxes.
- Dec 22, 2008 - Improved the help file, minor menu improvements, and modified the search two lists for Excel 97 users as some features used were not available in Excel 97
- Nov 14, 2008 - Modified the feature to search a block of cells to have options on coloring the first occurrence if duplicates are found. Also, hidden cells are no longer checked.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- March 13, 2008 - Efficiency improvements to increase duplicate finding speed.
- March 7, 2008 - Modified the compare two lists feature to work off of filtered lists
- March 1, 2008:
- Added an option to retain duplicate indicators in a column if doing another search and using the the same duplicate indictor column
- Modified the selection of the suggested data range to exclude blank rows at the bottom that Excel thinks contain data but do not.
- July 31, 2007 - Fixed for a problem where Excel incorrectly reported the used range.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- May 28, 2007 - Added a feature that allows the user to specify the concatenation character when multiple columns are searched.
- May 11, 2007 - Expanded the feature that removed non-printing characters to remove all non-keyboard characters before a check for duplicates is done
- March 23, 2007 - Refined a number of messages that appear at the end of finding duplicates to provide more information
- March 21, 2007 - Version 3 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 97
- Modified to insure that calculation is always set to automatic when done.
- Added a feature to search for duplicate cells by rows
- Modified the compare two lists feature that found entries in one list that are not in another
- Greatly increased the speed of finding duplicates in a large list when the data cannot be sorted
- Modified sorting to sort on concatenated entries after un-wanted characters are removed
- Provided an option to not sort the data rows if blanking entries when duplicates found
- Improved messages at the end of the process to remind users what they chose at the beginning
- Minor menu improvements
- Modified the color rows when values changes to make sorting optional.
- Modified so that one cannot accidentally select all rows when just one row should be selected.
- Improved the color rows when entries change feature One can now select the colors to use and the data range selection and comparison columns selection are now just like the approach in other duplicate checking features.
- Improved the blank cells on duplicate rows features so that the data range selection and comparison columns selection are now just like the approach in other duplicate checking features.
- March 28,
2006 - Modified the compare two lists feature to display additional options upon completion of using the option to check for entries in one list that are not in another list.
- Added a feature to blank duplicate entries