Data Loader Improvements
The latest release of the Data Loader is 8.0. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Feb 9, 2012 - Modified the power loader feature to allow deletion of data that is loaded
- May 1, 2011 - Fixed a problem from the Mar 27th update when the destination worksheet was in another file.
- Mar 27, 2011 - Modified to handle missing destination worksheets when the option to load to sheets based on a column entry is used in the Power Loader
- Oct 24, 2010 - Modified to work on worksheets whose data range has been converted to a list range
- Oct 18, 2010 - Fixed a problem if user selects data outside of the used range (IE, no data) for the data to be loaded
- Oct 14, 2010 - Selection of data for all loaders now use a simple approach where the user needs to only select the cells on the first row to be loaded. All rows below this will be suggested. Users can always select any range to load just a specific set of data.
- Oct 7, 2010 - We greatly improved the Data Loader by adding a super fast load option. We were able to load 100,000 new prices in just a few minutes. If you have version 6 (released in June), the upgrade will recognize your install and upgrade you for free to version 7.
- June 16, 2010 - Added a check to insure that the destination sheet is not the same as the source sheet.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 6.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- February 7, 2010 - Modified worksheet checks to better check for worksheets with all columns in use.
- February 2, 2010 - Modified to check for corrupt worksheets that would prevent data from properly loading
- February 1, 2010 - Modified to handle situation where Excel reports all columns have data but in reality only a few columns have data.
- June 24, 2009 - Fixed a statement that stopped the Data Loader when duplicate IDs found when using the Power Loader feature. A message should have appeared.
- June 5, 2009 - Modified the Fast Loader to handle extremely large blocks (2000 rows +) of hidden rows.
- April 29, 2009 - Added a feature to the Power Loader to mark loaded data. Fixed a problem in the Fast Loader when data is loaded to the first unused column in a worksheet.
- April 28, 2009 - Changed internal settings to prevent an error on some user PCs where Microsoft Office is not fully installed.
- April 27, 2009 - Speed improvements to the Power Loader
- Apr 24, 2009 - Release 5 released. Greatly improved the speed of loading data. Renamed the "Simple Loader" to the "Fast Loader" to reflect this change. Added additional features to the various loaders. Modified many dialogs to be easer to use.
- Jan 21, 2009 - Modified to provide an easier means of switching from one workbook to another - previously one had to do so via the Excel menus. Now, the option to change workbooks is available on the input dialogs.
- Jan 6, 2009 - Modified to use alternate input boxes so that users (a few) with some problems in their worksheets are able to use. These users because of problems in their worksheets were not able to use the default input boxes.
- May 22, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- June 23, 2007 - Modified so that a particularly unique set of settings could be used versus advising the user to not use.
- March 21, 2007 - Version 4 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 97
- Modified the Simple Loader to handle formula generated blank cells in the input ID cells. Such cells appear different to Excel than normal blank cells.
- Improved the dialogs on the simple data load feature