Data Cleaner Improvements
The latest release of the Data Cleaner is 4.0.1. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- March 9, 2013 - Release 4.0.1 - Technical fix for a few installations of Office. The fix avoids the user from having to repair Office. An upgrade exe will be released when new features are added as only a few users may be affected. Affected users were getting a compile error due to a problem with the installation of Office.
- March 7, 2013 - Release 4.0 - Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Oct 9, 2011 - Improved the ease of selection of data rules by allowing one to select cells in a single column versus having to select entire rows.
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Mar 16, 2009
- Added new features, such as changing or removing soft or hard returns and converting html "spaces" to true spaced.
- Modified the dialog use for selecting characters to remove or retain to not require the ctrl or shift key to be held down during the process.
- Feb 11, 2009 - Improved the dialogs and provided an easier way to switch between workbooks and worksheets when selecting cells
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- May 28, 2007 - Added a feature to remove all non-keyboard characters from cell entries
- May 2, 2007 - Added a feature to allow the user to specify any ascii characters for removal
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 97
- Modified so that one can specify to change text if it is on the left side or the right side of a cell entry.
- Modified to allow the user to specify a character that represents a space. This allows one to easily see leading and trailing spaces in the before and after text. This character is replaced with a space during the data cleaning process.
- Minor modifications