CSV File Creator Improvements
The latest release of the CSV File Creator is release 4.0. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Dec 12, 2012 - Fixed a problem when Windows would not display a file destination dialog. Such a dialog is part of Windows, but sometimes it fails to work.
- Dec 14, 2011 - Modified to change how hidden rows and columns are removed
- Dec 16, 2010
- Minor menu modifications - selection is automatically bolded
- Modified to handle dates using the1904 date system
- June 1, 2010 - Release 3.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- April 4, 2010 - Minor menu and code changes
- August 28, 2009 - Added an option to enclose both text and dates in double quotes. An an option to use either a comma or a semi-colon as the data separator. Improved the descriptions on existing options.
- July 21, 2009 - Modified the dialog option write-ups to provide additional detail on some options. Modified the special options to enclose entries in double quotes to enclose dates formatted with comma in double quotes and non-comma containing dates to be optionally not enclosed in commas. The default is to not enclose in double quotes.
- June 30, 2009 - Modified the messages one receives if one is trying to create a CSV file and has the file the user is using as a source is a CSV file and the user specifies a name the same as the source file.
- May 6, 2009 - Modified the default setting to automatically remove formats so that cells formatted with commas are not treated as text. Better explained the first range option to be all used cells. Changed the code to handle possible conflicts between hidden columns and exporting a range with leading hidden columns in front of the range.
- Mar 3, 2009 - Modified the creation of CSV files requiring all entries in quotes to better handle date entries.
- Jan 24, 2009 - Added an CSV output option to enclose just text entries in double quotes. Also improved the dialogs and the flow of the dialogs.
- Dec 12, 2008 - Improved the menus and dialogs. Also fixed a problem when exporting a range within a worksheet.
- Oct 18, 2008 - Added the ability to select separate ranges on a worksheet and export just those ranges to a CSV file. For example A1:A20 and K1:K20
- May 22, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- Mar 17, 2008 - Modified to handle Excel reporting the incorrect used range on a worksheet. Excel will sometimes report far more rows with content than actually has content.
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- April 3, 2007 - Minor change to the installation exe
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 97
- Modified so that the user has the option of having all fields enclosed in double quotes. CSV files created by Excel do not do enclose fields in double quotes.
- Modified so user has the option to load as an add-in
- Modified to create CSV files from protected worksheets and to provide an option to delete all blank rows
- Streamlined the dialogs
eliminating ones that were not needed based on prior choices
- Added a feature to change the delimiter in CSV files