Colored Cells Assistant Improvements
The latest release of the Colored Cells Assistant is 5.0. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Oct 9, 2011 - Modified formula to exclude sheet name when formula written to the same sheet as the target cells.
- June 3, 2010 - minor menu change
- June 1, 2010 - Release 4.0, Excel 2010 compatible version
- Dec 6, 2009
- Provided an option to treat merged cells as a single cell.
- Modified how colors were check to avoid a problem with use of chart colors on worksheets
- Oct 26, 2009 - Version 3 released. New features:
- Modified so that sum, min, max, average, count of all cells, count entries, count numbers, and count blanks are built in and can handle ranges without matching cells
- Feature added to treat merged cells as one cell versus many when counting cells or to count each cell individually
- Feature added to count numeric matching cells and blank matching cells
- Feature added to select entire columns and have fast re-calculation
- Previous selected range for checking retained
- Backward compatible with version 1 and 2
- May 13, 2009 - Added the option to select "colored (excluding no fill)" as a color test option. This allows one to do computations on cells that are colored, but the colors are different.
- Jan 17, 2009 - Modified the dialogs to be easier to use. Added a count cells function to count cells with and without entries.
- Dec 10, 2008 - Made the main dialog larger and re-arranged some buttons to make it easier to use. Also fixed a problem with the option to copy the formula to the clipboard.
- Nov 29, 2008 - Fixed a problem with the Excel count function not recognizing an error value from the Colored Cell Assistant
- Nov 20, 2008 - Fixed a problem with reference boxes not working correctly, most likely caused by a patch from Microsoft. Also fixed the insert a formula that counts colored cells. The formula was missing parentheses.
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft