Cascade Chart Creator Improvements
The latest release of the Cascade Chart Creator is 4.0. It is Excel 97-2013 compatible.
If your release is an earlier release, then go to our past customer discount page to get a half off upgrade coupon.
- March 7, 2013 - Released Excel 2013 compatible version with ribbon menu for ease if use. Available all the time with just a click.
- Feb 17, 2011 - Modified to allow users to specify colors for the blocks by color coding the legend.
- Dec 9, 2010
- Modified to fix a problem with extremely large X values when creating colored cascade charts
- Oct 18, 2010
- Added an option to show the X axis. Charts normally do not need as columns are individually labeled to show X values.
- Minor improvements
- June 22, 2010
- Fixed so that cascade charts with one row of data and multiple columns have different colors for each column.
- Inverted the order of the legend on charts with just a single row or single column of data.
- Simplified one dialog
- June 1, 2010
- Release 3.0
- Excel 2010 compatible version
- Color cascade capability added
- Renamed from "Waterfall" to "Cascade" to reflect internet naming convention
- May 23, 2008 - Updated the digital signature and minor code modifications needed for some users after doing an service pack (SP) upgrade from Microsoft
- July 3, 2007 - Digitally signed our installation exe and add-in using a software code signing certificate from Thawte to add another level of security and confidence in our products. It allows users to maintain macro security on the high security setting in Excel and still run our add-ins.
- April 2, 2007 - Fixed a problem where the help file would not display as it had been renamed
- March 21, 2007 - Version 2 released which is compatible with Excel 2007 and backward compatible to Excel 97
- Added dynamic If test on labels so that labels are displayed or hidden based on changes to the X value after the cascade chart has been created.
- Modified labels so that sorting the source data results in correctly labeled data
- Added blank labels if the label cell is empty
- Added blank labels to the chart if the user creates the chart without labels. This allows the user to come back and selectively add labels
- Improved default positioning for labels on data points with negative Y values.
- Mar 10 2005 - Modified to fix a problem with multiple line cascade charts and labels added to just some of the values
- Feb 16 2005 - Modified to make data labels dynamic